GO740TM & Mobilnova

I purchased the latest version of Mobilenova for my GO740TM to play MP3. Was never able to make it work with the 740. The touchscreen just would not work. I did everything MobilNove told me to. Cleared and reset the touchscreen conf file several times and unloaded and loaded the 740 and desk top program several times. Just could not get the touchscreen to operate correctly. Of course Mobilenove tried to blam it on the go740 which worked perfectly. I removed the Mobilnova and downloaded free ware called TomPlayer, recommended on one of the strings here, it worked perfectly. Mobilenova said they would refund my 25uero if it did not work but I have not heard from them since. I will attach the Mobilenova support string so there is no misunderstandings about what was said by Mobilenova.

Conversation
Thomas M Moore
Posted On: 14 Nov 2010 07:03 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a GO740TM with latest updates and all basics works perfectly:
AKUYJ AAF4E
App: 9.058.568435.103 (1030, 9/9/2010)
GPS: V1.20, Boot 1.0012
MAP: 'North_America_2GB' V855.2884

Starting with the Main screen, when I select anything, it highlits then does nothing until I touch it again.
Once highlited you can not select anything else, whatever you selected first will activate no matter where you touch the screen.
When the next screen opens it may or may not highlite something, if it does highlite something then no mater where you touch the screen it will select the highlited item.
Example: I select music on the main screen, I select external files and Audio Folder on my SD card. What ever MP3 folder is first in line is auto selected, opened, and files are loaded. You must select one of these files to start you can not go backwards for any reason. When you select the back arroe it stays highlited and whn you touch the screen anywhere it just keeps going backwards to the last screen where you select to exit the program.

I have deleted the touchscreen config file from the Media folder and recalibrated the touchscreen several times with no change in operation.
Thomas M Moore

Posted On: 17 Nov 2010 11:45 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir
I would have expected some kind of reply from you by now. If someone does not contact me soon I will be forced to lodge a conplaint with PayPal.
Mobilnova Support

Posted On: 19 Nov 2010 01:42 PM
Please remove completely your application from Tomtom, download the demo version again, regenerate the full version at your order page, and install the full version patch over it.
It should definitely work better that it does for you, something is not right. Please try checking Tomtom drive for errors now.
----
Mobilnova.com provides support only in English.
Please always send us your order ID in communication.
Follow Mobilnova on Twitter @Mobilnova Mobilnova(alexandra) (Mobilnova) on Twitter
Linked in Group Authorization Failed | LinkedIn

Tom Moore
Posted On: 21 Nov 2010 03:57 PM
Replaced all applications as you directed. there was no change in operation. Touch screen does not work properly. All of the installed applications that came with my GO740 work perfectly and I conducted a file scan on all application including yours. there were no file errors found. I believe there are inherent differences between units sold in UK and those sold in the US. this is supported by much discussion on several forums. If you are not testing your software with a US GO740 then you are probably not detecting this problem. Regardless, I do not have the time or inclination to Beta test your software. Please send me a fix or refund my purchase cost.

Mobilnova Support
Posted On: 22 Nov 2010 02:16 PM
Have you updated to the latest firmware, only support it.
----
Mobilnova.com provides support only in English.
Please always send us your order ID in communication.
Follow Mobilnova on Twitter @Mobilnova Mobilnova(alexandra) (Mobilnova) on Twitter
Linked in Group Authorization Failed | LinkedIn

Thomas M Moore
Posted On: 22 Nov 2010 07:48 PM
I do not understand why you closed this ticket. You have not resolved the problem I am running the latest version of the TomTom Application and the latest version of Mobilnova. It does not work.

Tom Moore
Posted On: 24 Nov 2010 12:28 AM
Sir
Yes I have the latest firmware:
Device AKUY AAF4E
App 9.058.568436.1
GPS v1.20, Boot 5.5120
Map 'North_America_2GB" v860.3101

TOMTOM Media Center
Version: 4.3.2.3
Build 3

Please note: I uninstalled your software from my GO740. Then down loaded free TomPlayer, software and it works perfectly. Welcome to Tomplayer

Serge
Posted On: 24 Nov 2010 10:27 PM--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If our sofware does not work on your device, we will refund you the purchase. Please let me know transaction id and i'll make the refund

Sincerely,
Mobilnova team

Tom Moore
Posted On: 25 Nov 2010 12:49 PM
I am sorry we could not make this software work with my TomTom. A refund is probably the best option at this point. PayPal is tracking this transaction and a refund would probably have to go through them.

My payment was through PayPal, transaction:

Nov 13, 2010 19:54:02 CST
Transaction ID: 0MX336070G7205320

Second note: I lodged a complaint with PayPal. They blew me off also:
Disputed Amount: ?25.00 EUR
Status
After careful consideration, we're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time.
The item is ineligible for PayPal Buyer Protection because it is intangible.

So much for buyer protection!

Sorry for your problems. I've moved your thread to 3rd party software since clearly your problems are with it and not the TT740.

Ask a Question