Go Live 2535: How to get an extra cable?

Finally made an upgrade from my old Tom Tom Go 710 to the Go Live 2535 and am overall very happy. However I want to route the supplied power wire into my dash which I have done before, then when I travel I just grab my GPS and mount.

However the TT website does not give me an option to purchase another one which seems very odd. I phoned customer service and after 15 minutes on hold spoke with someone who said if the website does allow you to buy it then it is most likely out of stock! Wow, I could see that if it was an old model but this is one they are selling right now! She suggested I go to a Best Buy or Radio Shack which I later did and neither had the cable, only the older model which has the USB male plug to go into the GPS which does not work with the 2535.

Any suggestions? My family members have owned 4 different TT GPS models and have always found their support to be poor,

Thanks for the link, I had seen it earlier today. Frustrating that at the TT site they list it at $19 but not available to buy and these sites via Amazon are mid $30's to high $60's. It's a frigin USB cable but unfortunately has a proprietary plug at one end! Kind of like Apple products! :rolleyes:

I can wait awhile until they appear at the TT website but I was in the middle of redoing my headliner and had planned to run the wire just under it at the top of the windscreen and route the wire down into the dash while the interior is out. Oh well... :violin:

Ask a Question