Can GO 2535 TM WTE be upgraded to LIVE in Canada?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 2535 TM WTE
Hi all,
I just purchased my third TOMTOM GPS GO 2535 TM WTE.

I was extremely happy with previous units that used TOMTOM Home software, as it allowed me for so much and so easy customization of the unit.

However, I found two issues that make me consider returning the new unit to the store:

1. Unfortunately, I just learnt that GO 2535 TM WTE is not using the TTHome software but rather “primitive” (I apologize for the word) MyTomTom webbased program. It is complicated and removed from user lots of control, and nobody knows if it will improve any soon...

2. Second problem, I was told by TomTom Canada that for this unit I cannot purchase LIVE services, even though in USA they lunched successfully GO LIVE 2535 M. In my understanding GO 2535 TM WTE and GO LIVE 2535 M are almost identical units, and should use the same operating software. With TTHome software I would not have a problem to fix it, but MyTT won’t do the trick.

I am willing to pay the LIVE services but TOMTOM Canada tells me it is impossible !!!

Guys please tell me what do you think about it, should I return it and get GO LIVE 2535M from USA or wait wait wait for MyTT upgrade, or there is another way to get the LIVE services.....

As much as I was excited about the 8GB memory and maps for America and Europe, I really want to have LIVE services (this is the next step in GPS evolution).

Greetings, Andre.

Andre. The **only** LIVE model in Canada is the Go LIVE 1535 model. Even if you were to get a 2535LIVE model in the States, it wouldn't work here (LIVE services, that is) since the US LIVE models get a signal from the AT&T network while the 1535 LIVE model here uses Rogers. Further, if you were to buy a 1535 LIVE model here, the LIVE stuff also would NOT work in the States.

So..... in summary............

If you do value the LIVE functionality above all, return the 2535 and get a Go LIVE 1535 model. (You can always purchase addition [i.e., Europe, for example] maps for the 1535 and install on a micro sdhc card (optional) since the model has a micro card slot.

1. Unfortunately, I just learnt that GO 2535 TM WTE is not using the TTHome software but rather “primitive” (I apologize for the word) MyTomTom webbased program.
No need for apologies. You should see some of the things that WE call it - some fit for private messages only! :eek:

If you do value the LIVE functionality above all, return the 2535 and get a Go LIVE 1535 model. (You can always purchase addition [i.e., Europe, for example] maps for the 1535 and install on a micro sdhc card (optional) since the model has a micro card slot.
Yup, I can confirm from personal experience that installation of additional maps (such as Europe) can be done on the GO LIVE 1535 if you install a micro SDHC card in it. BTW, if you do that, get a card that is Class 6 or faster. It is cheap insurance against slowing things down a bit.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Ask a Question