Go 2535 Live - will not power on.

TomTom Model(s)
GO LIVE 2535 M
My 2535 will not power on. I have left it plugged into my computer over night, the power button illuminates orange. I've tried holding it down for a long time and the only thing that happens is it blinks once. Nothing else....is there anything else I can do to fix this? I bought the extended warranty from Best Buy but they no longer carry this model!

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it that your unit down not power on when connected to the computer, either? Sounds like a really bad battery there. As you say, BB no longer carries the 2535, and the units they have now have lesser features than your 2535, so I would seriously consider a new battery. See post #6 here for a U.S. source for batteries for this unit >> https://www.tomtomforums.com/t27996-go-2435-powering-off-when-disconnected-power-source.html

You might suggest to BB that since they don't have any units of the caliber they sold to you, that they pitch in the $25 or so that batteryship charges for your new battery and consider themselves lucky that you aren't returning the unit for another plus cash difference. Who knows .. might even work!

It should still power on when connected to external power though shouldn't it? Is that battery you referred to in the other thread the battery I need?

It will come with requisite tools, but I'm not familiar with this specific package. For example, if you order for your older 920T, it would come with the tiny torx screwdriver for the two screws, and a plastic device for lifting the battery (something that isn't an issue these days). We have some exploded photos of a disassembly here somewhere that show the process, but I can't spot them immediately. I'll look for them, or someone else may well pop up with them before I even get them located. Was that linked to in the other thread I referenced.

I guess I just need to be extra careful when I remove the stickers just in case it doesn't fix my issue, so hopefully BB would still honor the warranty..

The battery I have installed in my 4CT5.017.01 tom-tom is Model No. VF1C FKM1123013971

I just want to make sure the battery I ordered is correct?

Perhaps 9% less, yes, but then again, since the original run of 2XXX series batteries wasn't very good, you are still way ahead of the game. 9% of 0 is still 0 ;)

It's possible that the Live units had 1100mA vs. 1000mA for some of the lesser units in the 1XXX and 2XXX series, but I hadn't been made aware of it.

this is the one I ordered:

http://www.batteryship.com/htmlos/htmlos.cgi/batteryship/catalog.html?item=FKM1108005799

My GPS is the tom-tom Go 2535 Live, is that the same thing as the Go 2535M Live?

Perhaps 9% less, yes, but then again, since the original run of 2XXX series batteries wasn't very good, you are still way ahead of the game. 9% of 0 is still 0 ;)

It's possible that the Live units had 1100mA vs. 1000mA for some of the lesser units in the 1XXX and 2XXX series, but I hadn't been made aware of it.

Yes it is the same model.

ok so I just installed the new battery and it still isn't working. Do I have to charge it for a certain amount of time before it should work, even if its plugged in?
That depends upon the condition of the battery that you just installed. If it had a very low charge when you bought it, you may need to charge it for a while. Leave it plugged in for at least 4-5 hours and then try it again before you make a judgement.

If the battery was not the issue, this may do nothing, but many battery operated products advise customers to charge the battery before first use.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Yes it is the same model.

ok so I just installed the new battery and it still isn't working. Do I have to charge it for a certain amount of time before it should work, even if its plugged in?
That depends upon the condition of the battery that you just installed. If it had a very low charge when you bought it, you may need to charge it for a while. Leave it plugged in for at least 4-5 hours and then try it again before you make a judgement.

If the battery was not the issue, this may do nothing, but many battery operated products advise customers to charge the battery before first use.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

I've got it plugged into the USB on my computer, orange light is on. Hopefully it fixes the issue. I just don't understand how it wouldn't come on while on the charger, the unit has been dead before while driving and I simply plug in the charger and it works!

FWIW, your computer will only supply about 500mA of current over the USB port, so it usually takes a fair bit longer (at least 2X the time to charge) than a wall charger or car charger.

this is very disconcerting, the gps is bad and BB doesnt sell it any longer. I now have to upgrade to a Garmin 3590LMT which is going to cost me over $100+ extended warranty. My tomtom european maps will now be wasted as I wont be able to use them! Is TT going to be releasing any new models in the near future?

If you are still under warranty (how long have you had it?), why go back to Best Buy at all? Why not back to TomTom? They still have them.

The TT warranty here in the U.S. is one year. How close are you?

Ask a Question