Go Live 1000 wont connect

TomTom Model(s)
live 1000
Hi
I have a Go Live 1000 which up to now has connected to My TomTom. Now it just won't connect. I've spoken to TomTom and have tried everything they have suggested including loading Google Chrome on my computer but this has made no difference. They now say it must be a hardware problem and I have to return the device for repair. I've also tried rebooting the device but no success.
Has anyone had the same problem and if so how did they ovecome it?

By rebooting, you do mean to hold the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum sounds, right?

Also in the desktop MyTTSA settings-->Cache, clear the cache and save.

Also, try setting the port from the default 4000 to say, 4001 and save again.

Disconnect the unit from the computer while on and reconnect.

Any better?

Go to Device Manager and see what it says under Network Adapters.
Is the TomTom listed? Any errors showing?

Also if you are running Windows XP, were you told to install an MS "Hotfix" when you first installed MyTomTom?

In Device Manager, are there any devices listed as "unknown"? Do you hear the "dong-ding" sound when you connect the USB cable?

If you don't hear anything at all, either the device itself or your USB port(s) is a problem. If you do hear something when connecting, the USB/TCP driver may be missing or toast and require reinstallation.

Nothing listed as unknown in device manager and no sound when connecting the USB cable.
I have tried different USB ports but no difference and all other devices in USB ports are running normally.
Thanks

Sounds like CS has it right, and that the unit should go back under RMA for a new one. It doesn't appear to be identifying itself at all over the USB connection. Could well be hardware.

Thank you all for trying to help.
Tomtom will try and repair unit.
Map777

My Tomtom connection

Just to let the kind people who tried to advise me with the problem I was having connecting to My Tomtom.
As a last resort I purchased a new cable and to my delight it did the trick! :thumb:
Even though I was not experiencing any difficulty charging the device with the old cable it would seem that in fact it was cause of my particular problem.
Once again many thanks for the help I received. :)
Map777

Guess it was 'hardware', but not the bit we suspected. Haven't seen many of these new uUSB cables go bad (yet). Used to see it more with the older style cable/connector. Guess we need to start watching for these now.

As for why it could charge but not communicate, there are separate wires for power and data. Evidently one of your two data wires (or connector pins for those two wires) was defective.

Ask a Question