Go Live 1000 freezes

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live 1000
I just downloaded new maps and after a day or two it stopped working. When it starts I get a message Low battery, will not be able to download traffic data, which is probably true as the battery life is nonexistent, the device dies momentarily if I pull the power supply. After a minute or two of working properly, the screen freezes with a 1 cm strip along the right with a timer wheel spinning. After a while it shuts off and occasionally restarts, just to repeat the sequence above. Anybody able to help?
Elling

Sounds like a duff battery. Try charging for about 4 hours connected to the computer. Then try again.

Hi

My tomtom go live has a similar problem so I've tried charging it even overnight connected to my pc.

The live traffic just won't connect and after 5-10 minutes a grey screen appears then it reboots on its own?

Have tried the emergency recovery mode and that doesn't work correctly https://www.tomtomforums.com/t28614-new-style-tomtoms-emergency-recovery-mode.html

The unit powers up only when holding the power switch for about 5 secs and always with the drum roll

If the power is taken away it black screen shuts down

Would appreciate ANY suggestions to try

I get the BIOS screen but whenever I press the power button as quick as I can it just reboots as before

Okay here's an update to my problem

Checked battery status - 85%

Tomtom says battery charging - not enough charge in unit to run live traffic

Had it on charge for 12 hours

Notice unit keeps saying too hot

Manage to get update reset working leave overnight as it says it can take 5 - 30 mins, next morning still same screen so that not working properly either.

Found on eBay a replacement battery for £6.49 so bit the bullet and ordered it yesterday. Thought well its not much money to waste worth trying

The battery came this morning so just got round to fitting it and guess what 5 mins later all done switch on and traffic works unit doesn't power off when disconnected and it switches on and off correctly

I'm one happy tomtom user again:lol:

Thanks for the feedback. You are not the first to report the supposed battery level reading on the unit is not accurate.

Ask a Question