Go Discover loses live traffic. Iphone tweak reconnects temporarily

I have a Jaguar xf Sportbrake could the heated windscreen element creating a Farrady cage be an issue
Most definitely. Can foul both cell signals and GPS signals if either depends upon a signal through the windscreen.

Your Discover won't do promiscuous connections to other sources. You can, of course, confirm what it's connected to by going directly to the WiFi menu on the device - then you'll know for sure. So that's not why it mysteriously worked in those two situations... unless, of course, those are both WiFi systems to which you had previously connected - with intent.

Most definitely. Can foul both cell signals and GPS signals if either depends upon a signal through the windscreen.

Your Discover won't do promiscuous connections to other sources. You can, of course, confirm what it's connected to by going directly to the WiFi menu on the device - then you'll know for sure. So that's not why it mysteriously worked in those two situations... unless, of course, those are both WiFi systems to which you had previously connected - with intent.
Can you please if possible provide step by step instructions that will ressolve the problem
regards Brian

Can you please if possible provide step by step instructions that will ressolve the problem
regards Brian
I can't say that I can resolve the problem, but we can definitely determine whether the problem is related to a WiFi connection between your device and phone. As I say, your device will not connect to any WiFi source to which it hasn't explicitly been asked to connect. If you go to the WiFi settings on your Discover, you'll be able to see its connection status - whether it's connected, and if so, to what device it's connected.

I suspect the problem lies elsewhere, but it's good to first assure that the connection is actually there (or not) when you lose traffic service. This eliminates one possible source of the problem - always helpful when debugging things.

I am not sure if this has impart resolved the problems
(1) I was not running the most recent ios 15 system on my phone I have now installed it
(2) I have reset my TomTom Go discovery to factory setting

The step I have done differently is
I have not set up wifi on my ToTom This for the moment appears to enable me to use life traffic
There does however appears to be a number of gremlins
(A) If you go into the about section the traffic is sometimes not activated but the traffic
does work when you enter a destination
(B) I have also had the message in blue Traffic ,speed cameras and premium services not active

Currently the about section has traffic activated and speed and premium services expired

Currently I have
traffic.
my drive
and blue tooth connected
but have not set up wifi and have the message set up wifi but the satnav is now working
Can anyone comment

Last edited:
Especially for iPhones, where the BT interop has been a bit sketchy at times for a couple of years now, I'd stick with WiFi as your data link for traffic unless you need to use the MyDrive app on your phone for some reason. The WiFi connection is far more stable IMO. I don't even BT pair my devices to my phone. Your phone can act as a WiFi hot-spot, too.

Especially for iPhones, where the BT interop has been a bit sketchy at times for a couple of years now, I'd stick with WiFi as your data link for traffic unless you need to use the MyDrive app on your phone for some reason. The WiFi connection is far more stable IMO. I don't even BT pair my devices to my phone. Your phone can act as a WiFi hot-spot, too.
A huge thank you for your help
To clarify I currentley have not set up the wifi option on my TomTom and the satnav appears to be working correctly
I will monitor the situation and feedback over the next days and weeks
Other

When you post I think you use the abbreviation BT to mean Blue Tooth
In the Uk we have a telephone company called BT( British Telecom) which is a little confusing
Suggest it may be better to use the unabbreviated word Blue Tooth in posts

Last edited:
A huge thank you for your help
To clarify I currentley have not set up the wifi option on my TomTom and the satnav appears to be working correctly
I will monitor the situation and feedback over the next days and weeks
Other

When you post I think you use the abbreviation BT to mean Blue Tooth
In the Uk we have a telephone company called BT( British Telecom) which is a little confusing
Suggest it may be better to use the unabbreviated word Blue Tooth in posts
I had thought the context made it clear - but whatever. I understand that you have not yet set up WiFi, though you'll eventually need to connect it via WiFi to something in order to get updates - probably a home router. I wish you continued success with Bluetooth connectivity to your TomTom, but it's been hit and miss for about 3 years now.

Especially for iPhones, where the Bluetooth interop has been a bit sketchy at times for a couple of years now, I'd stick with WiFi as your data link for traffic unless you need to use the MyDrive app on your phone for some reason.

If you, like many others, run into future issues of connectivity between your iPhone and your TomTom, Wi-Fi (which is not an abbreviation) is a good, solid alternative unless the MyDrive phone app is required in your use model.

Thank you for your reply
I plan to use the current set up for the moment but I will try the set up suggested by you when I have an appropriate opportunity and I will feedback my experience

Ask a Question