Go 920 Powers itself on automatically

I had the same problem with my new 920 and found through trial and error that it appears to be caused by the setting to turn the device off automatically when external power is lost. When I had this enabled it would constantly turn back on, but as soon as I turned off that feature all was well and it turns off and stay off....
Anyone else?

Judging from what I'm reading on here, this is a flaw in the GO 920 that has not been addressed by Tom Tom, since it's not on the support page. :confused:

It is rather annoying to power down and then find that the unit has come back on. I also have a small issue when trying to power it back on from time to time. Like I said, apparently this is a flaw that exists in all the Tom Tom units since it is not a unique problem. GPS is a rather new technology, so I'd imagine that bugs in the devices are going to crop up from time to time. It would be nice, though, if the manufacturer would fix them for those who have purchased the products. :mad:

One thing I do like about the unit is that it powers with the same charger as my Motorola SLVR phone and Bluetooth unit. I've been using the MP3 features to listen to some MP3 books both while driving and with a pillow speaker. Except for the issues listed here, I'm really enjoying this new toy. :)

many of the GOx20 and GOx30 units have the power on by itself problem.

the problem is a software ( navcore ) problem.

NO problems with navcore 8.002

problem ( for me and MANY others ) started with the version 8.010.

the problem seems to be solved with the latest navcore 8.30.

Ask a Question