Go 740 Live - Reboots & Favorites

My Go 740 Live often reboots itself while I'm driving. Not so much an issue if I know where I'm going but has been a problem when this happens at intersections and missed exits. Why is it doing this and how do I solve it. It happens a lot.

Secondly, after updating a map all my favorites and home location are gone and I have to re-enter them all. Is there a way around this.

Thanks
Belinda

Copy the mapsettings.cfg from your backed up map folder to the map folder on your unit. Use Explorer.

Then connect your unit to Home and start the emulator. Move to manage my favourites and edit one of them. Remove the unit properly from the computer (Home's Device disconnect icon) and your favourites should be back.

regarding the reboots, usually reboots in the middle of usage are due to this bug.

If that isn't the issue, try reinstalling the app per the steps here.

If they don't help, try backing up per this link, then formatting the Tomtom with quickformat disabled, and then copy all your files back to the Tomtom from the backup.

Ask a Question