740 Live Reboots

Hello,

I have a fairly (3 months) new GO 740 Live. When I first got the unit, it rebooted while driving a few times and then I really didn't see it happen for quite some time (i.e. the past 2.5 months). As of a few days ago (after applying the new OS through TT Home), now I've seen it reboot 3 times.

I can't come up with a pattern - sometimes it's while driving, and sometimes it's while I'm entering in my destination just after turning the unit on.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks!

-Brian

Hello,

I have a fairly (3 months) new GO 740 Live. When I first got the unit, it rebooted while driving a few times and then I really didn't see it happen for quite some time (i.e. the past 2.5 months). As of a few days ago (after applying the new OS through TT Home), now I've seen it reboot 3 times.

I can't come up with a pattern - sometimes it's while driving, and sometimes it's while I'm entering in my destination just after turning the unit on.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks!

-Brian

I agree that the reboots seem to happen a little more often since the latest update, but it is very hard to quantify

Peter

App 8.370 caused a lot of rebooting due to this bluetooth issue.

Initial reports are that app 8.371 is much more stable. Does it minimize the reboots for you?

App 8.370 caused a lot of rebooting due to this bluetooth issue.

Initial reports are that app 8.371 is much more stable. Does it minimize the reboots for you?

I do not use Bluetooth with my TomTom.
Just completed a 6 hour trip today and TomTom rebooted 2 or 3 times. This is with 8.370 and the new maps.

One of my installers said my 740 restarted on him today, but I didn't verify it. Just updated to the latest version, 8.371, last night so I'll keep an eye on it. I don't use bluetooth. I haven't had that issue in several months that I can recall. I did have a couple of instances when I first purchased my 740, but I probably was testing Bluetooth then.

Last edited:
Glad to know it's not just me. I am using 8.371 and I have had Bluetooth turned off. I just came back from a trip in Florida and it rebooted about 4 or 5 times.

I sent Tomtom support an email and they recommend removing the MapSettings.cfg file, and if that doesn't work they recommend reinstalling the application.

I'm not convinced either will work - but I'm going to give them a try.

Thanks,

-Brian

Ask a Question