Go 720 map updated ?

TomTom Model(s)
TT GO 720
Hi everyone,

I just purchased Go 720 last couple days , the unit cames with
Map : 'North_America_2GB' V710.1584 .
Yesterday, I installed TomTom HOME program to my computer and connect
Go 720 to my computer and click update my Go : there is nothing for new update available .

My question is : North_America_2GB' V710.1584 is the latest version ?

Thanks alot ,

Newbie !!!

no actually it's the 8.10 , but good luck to get it, I'm also try to get it

You will need to call TOMTOM tech support and talk to a support tech. Have your receipt available. You will need to fax them a copy or take a digital picture of it to email to them. The tech will give you instructions on what to do.

If you have not set up a TT account (email address and password), and logged onto it when you connected to home, I don't think it will offer you the map upgrade. When Home downloads a map, it is mated with your account info and can be re-downloaded to that account for a year if necessary.

If you are logged on to you account which connected to Home, it should then offer you a new map.

If you have not set up a TT account (email address and password), and logged onto it when you connected to home, I don't think it will offer you the map upgrade. When Home downloads a map, it is mated with your account info and can be re-downloaded to that account for a year if necessary.

If you are logged on to you account which connected to Home, it should then offer you a new map.

Hi there,
I already set up a TT account, used my Email, pass , I can logged onto it and connect to my device ( everything works good ) but, when I click on Use Latest Map Gurantee , It said : no new map available for my 720 .

Anyway, Thanks for your Inf .

Hi there,
I already set up a TT account, used my Email, pass , I can logged onto it and connect to my device ( everything works good ) but, when I click on Use Latest Map Gurantee , It said : no new map available for my 720 .

Anyway, Thanks for your Inf .

The latest map gurantee on home doesn't work . you will need to call tt support and they will walk you through it like mentioned by others.
Phone # 866-486-6866

while it may be frowned upon i thought i would try something interesting... my friend recently bought a 730 with the latest map. i thought it would be a great opportunity to get my hands on the v8 map. long story short, the 720 cannot handle the map. says its not compatible. how is that possible? wouldnt it be exactly the same thing? the map sizes are actually identical and even have the same name. any ideas?

Maps are coded to the serial number of the device and only work on the device they were purchased for. So unless you did some hacking of the map it won't work.

I was having the same issue, I just called tech support who were very helpful by the way.

Tech support creates a reference number for you under "MyTomTom" on their website. You go to your "My Questions" which will show your issue after calling tech support. Here you will attach you scanned receipt and then call them back. They will then link you to your maps.

Gonna go scan mine now and get my maps!

im asking purely for education, does that mean tomtom ties there maps to their own models or to each device?

like will my 7.15 map work on a different tt720? (like if i bought a new one and wanted to update my pois)

im asking purely for education, does that mean tomtom ties there maps to their own models or to each device?

like will my 7.15 map work on a different tt720? (like if i bought a new one and wanted to update my pois)

Nope......specific device. But you can copy the custom poi's from a 715 map backup to the map folder for the 720 map. Also, a saved MapSettings.cfg from the 715 map folder can be copied over to the 720 map folder and your favourites will be back.

FWIW, I just called tech support and the process was very painless. Created a reference number for me. Scanned my receipt in with email and reference number on it. Called them back, they added the map to my account, and in less than 5 minutes from my first call, am downloading the newest maps. Very easy process, very nice tech support. I'm impressed!

Make sure you make a full backup of your unit using Explorer, not Home. Ensure that hidden files/folders are showing as are extensions for known file types. Consider this your 'safety net' :D

Ask a Question