Go 720 internal memory not being cleared by 'clear flash'

Hi,

I've got a Go720 and am trying to clear out my internal memory. I have a map of Guam that I need to delete and the North American map will not come up.

Attempted 'clear flash' - at least 6-7 times, and it did not clear out my internal memory. Being that my internal memory is not cleared, I do not have room to install the updated North American maps.

I need help with clearing my 720's internal memory - any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

You are confusing memory with internal storage capacity. For example, on a computer, you may have 2 gigs of ram but a 160 gig hard drive. Well, the 2 gig internal storage on a 720 is equivalent to the 160 gig hard drive while the 64 megs of flash memory on the unit would equate to the 2 gigs of memory of a computer.

All that being said, if you look at the contents of your unit using Explorer, do you see separate map folders for Guam and North_America? If so, and you NEVER plan to use the unit in Guam, then just delete the Guam folder.

Further, you can use Home to remove voices from your unit. If you remove all but 1 computer voice, that should free up more space.

Also, you may wish to consider a 4-gig sdhc card. The faster the speed the better (class 6) and from a reliable company. Put the North_America map on there and then you'll have lots of free space, not only on the card but in internal storage as well.

Your model works with both internal and external storage together.

A new interface was added to Tomtom HOME. Now, if you have insufficient space on your device, HOME will recommend items to delete. The first thing it recommends is removal of foreign voices.

Ask a Question