GO 720 Internal 2 Gig Memory card Management

TomTom Model(s)
Tomtom GO 720
Just got mt TT Go 720 and after geting all the updates ie;" TT home V2, New firmware 7.2.., N.A. maps V7.10, GPS fix, Voices and Cameras". I am left with an internal memory or drive "if you want to call it that" that has 1.91 GB of info and a 2 Gb SD card that has only 6.8 MB of info on it.

Questions are:
1. When the GO 720 is hooked up to the docking station and I connect to the computer through Home, what selection should I make? " Internal Memory or Memory card ?" It seems apparent to me that all updates are going to the Internal Drive since I decided to make that selection or could I have selected the Meomory Card and still have a functional unit. As you can see, I am quickly running out of room sooner than I anticipated.

2. Since my Internal Memory is pretty well at the max of 2.0 GB, is it possible to transfer some of those files to the 2 GB Memory Card ie; N.A. Maps, POI's and still have a functional GO 720 and is this possible? If so, how can I do transfer the files from Internal Memory to Memory Card;, "card reader, explorer, cut and paste copy?. Hope someone can assist me.

Thanks

jcaussi

Just got mt TT Go 720 and after geting all the updates ie;" TT home V2, New firmware 7.2.., N.A. maps V7.10, GPS fix, Voices and Cameras". I am left with an internal memory or drive "if you want to call it that" that has 1.91 GB of info and a 2 Gb SD card that has only 6.8 MB of info on it.

Questions are:
1. When the GO 720 is hooked up to the docking station and I connect to the computer through Home, what selection should I make? " Internal Memory or Memory card ?" It seems apparent to me that all updates are going to the Internal Drive since I decided to make that selection or could I have selected the Meomory Card and still have a functional unit. As you can see, I am quickly running out of room sooner than I anticipated.

2. Since my Internal Memory is pretty well at the max of 2.0 GB, is it possible to transfer some of those files to the 2 GB Memory Card ie; N.A. Maps, POI's and still have a functional GO 720 and is this possible? If so, how can I do transfer the files from Internal Memory to Memory Card;, "card reader, explorer, cut and paste copy?. Hope someone can assist me.

Thanks

jcaussi

You can have a map directory on there, in case you want two different maps.....but mostly I think it is meant to hold MP3s and pictures.

What are your opinions regarding best practices? I now have:

Internal: operating system, voices, computer voices

SD Card: maps, pois, mp3s

Is there a preferred/required location for the above, as well as splash screens, shut down screens, car icons, etc?

Ask a Question