Go720 internal battery finally took a dump

TomTom Model(s)
Go720
It finally died....won't hold a charge at all.

I think my unit is around 4 years old. I guess I'll just tether.

I don't think I have the expertise to attempt a self-repair. Still love the unit though.

Can these things be sent off for repair, or is it not generally economical to do so?

It finally died....won't hold a charge at all.

I think my unit is around 4 years old. I guess I'll just tether.

I don't think I have the expertise to attempt a self-repair. Still love the unit though.

Can these things be sent off for repair, or is it not generally economical to do so?
Not in Ohio. In the UK, it's another story. However, I wouldn't sell yourself short in the 'expertise' area. Doesn't really require much. How do these instructions grab you? all you need to sort out is where to buy the replacement:

https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom...730-920-930-battery-replacement-tutorial.html

I recently sent in my TT 630 becasue the touch screen wouldn;t work anymore .. The battery that Was inside the one I sent in usually held a charge for an hour or so...
The refurb they sent back to.. the battery only held a charge for maybe 6 minutes ..

So I bought the same battery used for TT 630 thru Ebay for $17.00 delivered and then I found a web site to show how to disemble and take apart/ put together in15 minutes the battery ..

But right off the bat I had a problem The torque screws had a headdesign that I didn't won .. So I took the unit to a local electronics repair shop ( TV's/ Microswave's /stereos etc ) and they changed the battery for me for $20 .00 ...

much better now..

Order from batteryship.com and the necessary tools come as part of the deal.

i certainly appreciate all of the input. I'll look over the instructions and maybe I can do it.

Appreciate the batteryxxx site recommendation.:thumb:

Last edited:

Ask a Question