Go 720 App 8.351 no spoken street names?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Hi I'm new here and have had my Go for about 7 months. I recently updated to map 830.2284 and App 8.351 and now I am unable to use any voices at all computer voice or regular without street names. I have the map and app saved on a Sandisk HDSC 8GB card. I can however unplug the card and use the old map that is saved on the harddrive of the 720 to access voices and spoken street names. Any suggestions. Thanks Jason

Take a look (using Explorer) at the contents of the NA 830 map folder. Do you see a bunch of cspeechxx.dat files in it? (You should).

Also, do I understand you to say you put app 8.351 on the sdhc card as well? What map do you have on internal? And, do you also have the application there?

I had a similar issue. After I updated the map, my street names were not being read. The reason was that I had moved the voices to the memory card to free up space for the new map. I noticed that the computer voices did not read street names if the voice was installed in the memory card. I had to install the voice back in the internal memory.

I hope this helps.

Ask a Question