Why the sudden App release activity for GO 720

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 720
After sticking with 8.301 for a number of years, TomTom has released multiple 9.4xx updates for my GO 720 in the last few months. They all seem to work great and I'm happy to be giving this device new life but does anyone know or can speculate on why all these releases are suddenly becoming available for the older devices?

I recently replaced the battery and have been keeping maps current with the subscription service so I intend to keep using this device for a while, just curious what changed from TomTom's perspective.

FYI, I was having the USB connectivity issue with this particular device and did the firmware update that was posted elsewhere in these forums. That cleared up the USB issue so now I have no problems with the device. In my opinion the route selection by my TomTom is a lot better than that of the Toyota Gen 5 Nav system in my 2009 Lexus.

The 9.4XX release for all models was to incorporate proper legal wording for information sharing. Also added some different looking icons to older models and also changed some stuff behind the scenes

... and made the French government happier by singling the out handling of speed and red light cameras (France made it illegal to display them on a nav unit) when you are in or cross into France, causing code changes for the rest of us as well.

The 9.4XX release for all models was to incorporate proper legal wording for information sharing. Also added some different looking icons to older models and also changed some stuff behind the scenes
Does it have alpha-numerical addresses on it?

Ask a Question