Sound stopped all of a sudden

I have a Tomtom GO720, had for a couple of years. All of a sudden the sound stopped. Still have sound if I use external line out to a speaker or to radio. So I replaced the internal speaker with a new one, but still no internal sound. Have done the factory reset thing, still no joy.
Any clues?

Last edited:
Have you given the reset button a prod in the base of the device? nothing to lose by trying it, if its not the speaker it could be the line out socket or the amp but make sure you have Change Preferences/ speaker Preferences are set to use the internal speaker - Mike

I've not heard of this problem on a 720, but there *was* a very similar weird problem on the ONE some time ago.
In that, the only thing heard over the speaker was the drum-roll after a re-boot. Everything else was silent as if the speaker was broken, but the line out on headphones worked.

See my reply and the two links here.

Unfortunately no one seemed to find a definitive fix for this wierd set of symptoms other than "it came back eventually" or " a software update seemed to fix it"..

Do you hear the drumrolls after a pin reset? If not, something is still physically wrong. Perhaps you wired the speaker wrong or maybe the pcb is broken.

Ask a Question