Go 530 - How do I change Speed Camera Warning ?

HI,

I have a TomTom Go 530 which I find frustratingly difficult to understand and programme !

A friend of mine who is good at this stuff helped me record my own voice onto my Tom-Tom Go 530 and I created a speed camera voice warning which we stored and he then set as the warning for approaching speed cameras.

For some reason my Tom Tom has taken it upon itself to replace my recorded warning with a bell sound as I approach speed cameras.

My voice warning is still stored on the device, and I spent 8 solid hours yesterday, trying to figure out how to reset my recorded voice as the warning for speed cameras ? . . I just cant work out how to do it and it nearly drove me mad trying ! . . I tried to do it using the device itself and via my computer with the Tom-Tom plugged it ?

If anyone out there could offer this poor bottom-feeder some "step by step" instructions through the menus on how to achieve this, it would be very very much appreciated !

Yours exasperatedly !

:mad::confused:

TomTom Safety Cameras-->Change warning preferences-->(select the type of camera in the next screen)-->Answer 'No' to Remove Warning-->Select a length of time for the warning to get acticated-->'ok'-->Select a warning sound and arrow down to 'Record Warning'

Im Still Confussed ? ?

Thanks for your advise . . but I?m still completely at a loss

If I access the Tom Tom itself, then my top level of menu options usually are:-

Home, Favourite, Address, Recent Address, POI, My Location, Point on Map, Latitude/Longitude, Tom Tom Buddy, Position of Last Stop ?

But, somtimes I get:-

Navigate To, Help, Mobile Phone, Change Preferences, Prepare Route, Browse Map, Map Corrections, Add Favourite, Music & Media, Tom Tom Traffic, Tom Tom Services, Itinery Planning.

(As an aside, I do Not understand why sometimes I get the first of these menus and other
times the second ? . . but that?s a different question I guess)

If I access via computer (Tom Tom Home Version 2.7.6.2056) then my top level menu options are:-

Add Maps, Add Traffic Voices, Use Activation Code, Update My Go, Us Route Planner, Read Manual, Manage My Go or Operate My Go.

Im still don?t know where to go in all these menu options ?

I don?t have any top level menu option that reads ?Tom Tom Safety Cameras? ?

Start from Driving View:

Now, tap the middle of the screen.

Arrow right to TomTom Service. You'll see Safety Cameras there. (Now follow my steps in my earlier post).

There is a difference between the 3 screens of the main menu and the (6 to 8) screens you see in Change Preferences.

Thank You

Got it . . . . .

Thanks so much for your help with that ! . . . thought I was going bonkers here ! ! !

What a great forum.

Cheers,

:):):)

Start from Driving View:

Now, tap the middle of the screen.

Arrow right to TomTom Service. You'll see Safety Cameras there. (Now follow my steps in my earlier post).

There is a difference between the 3 screens of the main menu and the (6 to 8) screens you see in Change Preferences.
What I find is : I can find the red light camera area within my tom tom and it says to log into Home to activate .. I log into Home and then find this area is grayed out.. ????
So how do we get this area to work within Home on the PC with device hooked up thru usb again???????

Ask a Question