GO 510 and tomtom home question. . .

TomTom Model(s)
go 510
Every time I connect my GO 510 to the computer it loses all of my settings. After I disconnect and turn on the unit I must re-do all the settings - language, right-left hand, time, etc etc. then I have to go through ALL the preferences and put them back the way I like. Is this normal? It sure is a PAIN!!

Every time I connect my GO 510 to the computer it loses all of my settings. After I disconnect and turn on the unit I must re-do all the settings - language, right-left hand, time, etc etc. then I have to go through ALL the preferences and put them back the way I like. Is this normal? It sure is a PAIN!!

It is not normal to lose all the settings. There is a bug in Home's software that's been there for a while which causes the user to lose the computer voice selected if the user uses the Operate My Go emulator.

Are you sure you are disconnecting the unit properly? In TTHome, make sure you use the menu option to Disconnect My Device but do NOT disconnect when you see the screen that it is safe to do so. First, make sure you see the progress bar on the screen completely finish and then STILL wait till the unit boves back to the 'do you want to connect to computer' screen. Say no and then hit the power button and remove the unit.

You could try the clear flash tool. That's usually good for when the unit won't remember your settings. It's unusual that it's only when you connect it to the computer though.

CFT is here: http://tomtom.com/6221

Ask a Question