GO 1000 Lack of Support or updates STILL!

G'day Vule.
Thanks for the info.
I just noticed an update notification on My TomTom and installed onto my Go 1000. I don't know what was installed though, so I'll check re camera updates etc.

Thanks.

Ken

Just recieved a notice of update for my GO2505 here in Canada too. It didn't say what the update was though. I couldn't tell what, if anything, had been installed...although it did say update was sucessfully installed (I hope they eventually provide us with an update list or something). It was the first sign of life on the darn thing since I got it. I just want the map update soon...

Just recieved a notice of update for my GO2505 here in Canada too. It didn't say what the update was though. I couldn't tell what, if anything, had been installed...although it did say update was sucessfully installed (I hope they eventually provide us with an update list or something). It was the first sign of life on the darn thing since I got it. I just want the map update soon...

Are you still on app 10.040/map 855? Or have those changed?

Yes mvl. Still the same app and map.

Came home this afternoon and plugged it in. It started downloading,,,again without any indication of what's actually downloading. The tomtom app on my pc shows 'busy...please keep your tomtom go 1005 connected' and the web page shows 'transferring data from TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems'. Problem is, the device itself shows no indication of download activity, so it keeps timing out every 20 minutes. The app then prompts me to reconnect the tomtom device due to an interuption in the download process. From a newbie point of view, it seems to be just hanging. I can't leave it unattended or the unit will turn itself off. Weird process if you ask me. But it does appear to be a spark of life!

I keep doing something on the device every so often to stop it timing out, however it's been a couple of hours and it still says 'Busy...'

Yup...me too. I don't think it's actually doing anything. At one point, after a time out interuption, it said there was a problem and told me to contact customer support. I cleared the cache and it resumed. I know a map update for these things is nearly 3 gb, but it shouldn't be taking this long, and there should be some indication on the device that shows its working. Ahhhh....Tomtom...will you ever get it right?

If you open the myTomtom app without the device connected, the app will pre-download whatever it's attempting to download.

When it's done, it should say something is ready to install. You can wait to connect the device until then.

My guess is that there's server overload as all the app 10.x devices around the world are downloading something.

Well, after several hours connected to my PC and a 'busy' message, it finally counted down with a minute remaining, etc. Then the app said it had completed installing update, the device itself showed a message indicating it was installing something (can't remember the exact wording). After a few breathless seconds, it said it was ok to disconnect. So, I did. Checked the application and map version...no change. Turned it off...still no change. Did a soft reset...again, no change. So whatever took hours to download had nothing to do with the application or software, or else it didn't register any change on the device itself. Perhaps it updated some info I haven't noticed yet. I'll take it for a test drive later and see if there was anything worth waiting for. Any further thoughts mvl??

on my 1005 a update too, i did call tech support, they told a update is done to the live service.:)

No mapupdates yet, that will be released witin 30 day's.:mad:

I hooked my 2405 to mytomtom yesterday and it down loaded something not sure what it was (but was kinda cool to see some action) Today I hooked it back up and i got a blue arrow pointing down on the tomtom icon and if i hold my mouse arrow over it it says "Downloading application update" how ever the my tomtom 3 web site says "your navigation device is up to date" :rolleyes: i don't get it.....but it's progress in the making:) (i hope)

If that's the case with the map update, sounds like they're not going to bother trying to fix the 860 map and skip straight to the next Feb release. Probably makes sense...I can live with that.

Tomtom just updated their UK website, saying a single speedcam download is included for free on the new models.

http://www.tomtom.com/12566

The only change I've seen on any forums around the world with the recent update is a mention that Australian speed cameras now work.

So my guess is that today's update was a speedcam update.

My TomTom didn't show anything unil I cleared the cache. As soon as I did, it downloaded something. Only took less than a minute. Then said connect device to update which I did. Both My TomTom and the 2505 showed an update downloading and not to disconnect. It only took a minute or so. Can't tell what was done though.

Similiar time of QuickFix and Mapshare on my 720 though, so maybe something like that? No indication of what it was...or did...

updates received

I had some issues with my TT not showing traffic camera s. anyway yesterday (26 jan 2011) i received updates and its working fine now.

Just thought I ll share it with you. hope it helps.

ran :eek:

Bought my 1000 just before Christmas and mytomtom says my device is up to date which it clearly is not, as I know others are running later maps and firmware versions.

Customer services have told me that they WERE updating 1000 and 1005 via mytomtom (which explains why some have updated software and maps) but they suspended this service mid December for technical reasons. I am advised that the 90 day latest map guarantee will be honoured for a one time download but they won't commit to when the issue will be "fixed".

Not terribly happy given they are still advertising the latest map guarantee on their website. :mad:

Just an update received today...

Dear John,

Thank you for updating your email. This is ****** again.

The reference number for your query is ************.

I understand that you want to know that when the Latest Map Guarantee feature will be available for Go 1000 device.

I will like to inform you that the Latest map Guarantee for the GO 1000 will be available in February 2011 ending. This is because we are suffering from technical issues with the Latest map Guarantee feature. Once we overcome this issue, you will be able to install the latest map on the device.

Regarding the POI's feature, as I have explained you that we are working hard to offer this service as soon as possible and once we release the feature, you will receive an email/newsletter as you are subscribed to newsletter, when we have updated it to include more features on MyTomTom.

Once again, many apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you once again for your valuable time and for giving me an opportunity to assist you.

With Kind Regards,

:mad: more broken deadlines!

Relevant to those not getting the update prompt:

Dear John,

The reference number for your query is **********.

Thank you for taking the time to contact TomTom Customer Support. This is ***** and we are always happy to help.

I understand that you don't have the latest application on your device, Please be assured as I will try my best to resolve the issue.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused in this regard. Please be assured I will try my best to assist you.

Please perform the below given steps:

1.Empty the cache from the MyTomTom Support App (click on Settings and then Cache and click on Clear Cache ).
2.Shut down the MyTomTom Support App by pressing and holding the Shift key and then clicking on Close and then Exit .

3.Disconnect the device from the computer.
4.Reconnect the device to the computer and then start MyTomTom Support App again.
5.The device should then reboot and display the navigation screen.

Please reply, so that I could be in a better position to understand and resolve the issue better.

I will be anxiously waiting for your reply. Thank you for your valuable time and for giving me an opportunity to assist you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

With Kind Regards

The TomTom Customer Care Team

Reservations

I am starting to have serious reservations on whether my 1005 will ever be capable of the missing funtionality. My tomtom claims that fixed safety cameras can now be updated weekly and mobile cameras over the air. However, on connecting my device, both it and My tomtom claim it is up to date. Since it was purchased on late October last the cameras cannot possibly be up to date and would, I expect need an update now. Interesting that there is no way of telling when or if ever anything has been updated either on the device or on the website. That goes for cameras, quick fix GPS, etc I contacted Tomtom and raised a question but all I got was the usual "Our technical people are looking into this issue".

It seems to me that the device never had the ability to be updated when it was released, never mind be able to provide information on it's current funtions. i.e. whether they are up to date or not.

Does anyone else feel rather cheated into purchasing something that certainly does not do what it clams to be able to do at the moment and does't look like it ever will? Does anyone else feel the company is in decline, backs to the wall?

Ask a Question