GO 1000 Lack of Support or updates STILL!

TomTom Model(s)
GO930, GO1000, Rider Pro
Hi everyone.
Does anyone know when TT will be releasing the updates and full funtionality for the Go 1000?
I've had mine for almost three months now with no map updates, unable to load overseas maps (I travel OS a bit) GPS quick fix, Speed Camera locations and Map corrections not supported despite the advertising of this functions on the box and web site etc.
I'm in Australia.

I did review the TT web site for the Go 100, and no help there. I also sent them a e-maill asking for info on this issue and all I was sent back was quotes from the on line help service wich was again useless.

This really is pathetic customer support and false advertising of the product. If i could remember who I got it from I would return it. I own a Go 930 and Rider Pro and they are great and fully supported.

Best wishes and thanks for any info on this issue.

Ken

Last edited:
Welcome to TTF.

TomTom supposedly says that custom ov2 files will be able to be added by the end of January and that the addition of voices, etc. by the end of Q2 in 2011.

BUT.........................

Some users of 1000 and 1005 in Europe and the 2405 and 2505 in North America HAVE received their updated 860 maps now.

You may wish to call Aussie support and pursue that problem.

Connecting to Comp

Afternoon
:mad:
Just updated my 700 Tomtom to 1000.
Cannot connect to computer at all.
Is Tomtom bringing out a patch for the problem.
There is a lot of complaints on web
Thanks
WW

Afternoon
:mad:
Just updated my 700 Tomtom to 1000.
Cannot connect to computer at all.
You're not trying to use the old copy of Home that you used with your 700, are you? They've completely changed the application for the new 1XXX and 2XXX models.

Precious little in assistance we can offer for that model.

Press the power button for about 8-10 seconds till you hear the drum rolls sound and try to connect to the computer then.

It should open a web based MyHome page.

Make sure you have the latest Adobe Flash installed on your computer.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info DHN.
A pretty poor state of affairs re support for this new generation GPS by Tomtom.

Best wishes mate.

Ken

Welcome to TTF.

TomTom supposedly says that custom ov2 files will be able to be added by the end of January and that the addition of voices, etc. by the end of Q2 in 2011.

BUT.........................

Some users of 1000 and 1005 in Europe and the 2405 and 2505 in North America HAVE received their updated 860 maps now.

You may wish to call Aussie support and pursue that problem.

Bought my 1000 just before Christmas and mytomtom says my device is up to date which it clearly is not, as I know others are running later maps and firmware versions.

Customer services have told me that they WERE updating 1000 and 1005 via mytomtom (which explains why some have updated software and maps) but they suspended this service mid December for technical reasons. I am advised that the 90 day latest map guarantee will be honoured for a one time download but they won't commit to when the issue will be "fixed".

Not terribly happy given they are still advertising the latest map guarantee on their website. :mad:

It's good to hear confirmation that they have in fact suspended the map updates. I spoke to two different CS people this past week, and neither one knew anything about the suspension. Gotta love CS, huh?

It took 5 emails to get them to confess to the fact that it did work for a period then they suspended it. The reason I bought the 1000 was that a friend had the same model but he had upgraded his before the suspension...

My installed map is Europe v850.3018, (my friends 1000 is now v860.3104)
The app version on my device is 10.022.574650.29 Boot 534808, (his is 10.040.584798.31 Boot 534808)

I just thought it was an Aussie issue, but obviously it's world wide!
At least your getting more info than I could in Oz.
I'm not a computer genius, but I wonder what the issue is that would delay the implementation of full support of this particular series of GPS vs being able to import the data from say the GO 900 data.
A reasonable owner would expect they had the people with the skills to write new software to sort this issue fairly quickly.
This lack of support is now three months old (OCT 2011).:(

Ken

Baytown, with all the flooding in your area recently, I would think the tomtom not getting updates is the least of your worries right now ...................:eek:

Stuck at home and unable to get 3000kms down Sth to my new posting as the highway is cut, so its one of those bug bears that I can take my frustration out on. We live on a hill, in a pole home, so our home won't have flood issues, just the roads, our paddocks etc.
Interesting that its made international news, although I see the UN has offered assistance, but Oz isn't a third world country and we should cope.
We did have a Cyclone here (crossed at my area) on Christmas day. We have a large generator so no issues there either!

Best wishes mate.

Ken

A little over three weeks ago my 1005 crashed whilst downloading the update and it hasn't worked since. It's currently away for repair and not expected back for another week. So, all in all, it's been broken for longer than it's been working.

I really resent paying for what is billed as a premium product and then finding out I'm effectively a beta tester.

I asked for a return of my money but was advised this can only be done for 7 days after purchase so it's a no go. If I'd bought it in the UK (where I live) I'd be issuing a court summons but, regretably, I bought it direct from TomTom in the Netherlands so legal action is a bit of a non-starter.

Third and last TomTom product I'll ever own.

Thats to bad. however it does appear that TomTom is on a down hill slide:( i sure hope they see this and GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!

News regarding G0 1000 STILL CAMERA UPDATES

I received the following response from TOTOM support Australia today (13th Jan 2011).

I guess we shall wait and see now.

cheers,
Rango

Due to an oversight, safety camera warnings have not been loaded on the GO 1000 Australia. A fix for this issue will be available within the next 3-4 weeks that will address this issue.

Our Latest Map Guarantee (LMG) is currently unavailable for your TomTom GPS. This in no way affects the performance of the GPS and all functions will operate as normal.
We expect LMG to be operational in early January 2011. Please ensure that you regularly connect your GPS to My TomTom software from mid January onwards to get the latest software and map

Hi everybody,

I just called a few minutes ago support team on 1300 135 604 to ask when I should expect safety cameras service to be on.
I’m told very, very soon but they didn’t give me exact date.
That was my 4th call since I bought Go 1000 more than two months ago.
Rango, that email is generic message, I got that one couple of times.
I believe we should pressure them calling that telephone number and hope for the best.
By the way, from the bottom of my heart to all Quinslanders and anybody affected by disastrous flood in Australia I wish to get out of this national tragedy safely.

Regards,

Vule

Welcome to TTF.

Yep, your trials and tribulations with your units are miniscule in comparison to the terrible flooding in Queensland.

1005 returned this morning. 'After testing we were unable to find any problems with your product.'

Strange that, as it still does exactly what it did before - i.e. switches itself off after half an hour.

So the test must have been to connect it to equipment which said everything's OK rather than switch it on and see what happened. :mad:

Call to customer support and, after some argument, they are going to swap it out for a new device.

So that's another TomTomless week.

All LIVE Tomtom's switch themselves off after half an hour of not moving. My assumption is that they don't want to pay the traffic data bill if it's not worth it.

This shouldn't happen while driving, but I haven't seen a 1005 so I don't know if it has a bug where this happens all the time.

Good news for Go 1000 Owners in Australia.
I've just downloaded SAFETY CAMERAS (now called SPEED CAMERAS) service, finaly after having Go 1000 for three months.
Now I am going to check if it works well.

Cheers to all!

Vule, Sydney

Ask a Question