Go 1000 & 1005

Dcl

TomTom Model(s)
Go1005worldlive
I had the go 1000 live worked well for a while downloaded updates as they came to my acc.then noticed it stopped showing speed cameras, just showing me the permanent static ones. Then stopped showing any cameras. Took it back to PC World/Currys. After a few days under the insurance scheme, they said it was written off unrepairable. So after bait of argument on the replacement. They gave me the Go 1005 world live. Done all the procedures downloaded the maps, cameras etc. Tried it out doing exactly the same only showing the static cameras, but the audio warning sound goes but does not show the position of the cameras or what they are. Phoned TomTom, they told me to press factory reset button and go again, done this took it out, nothing not working. I was in Aberystwyth so into PC world staff couldn't have been more helpful tried for nearly 2 hours but it baffled them. Their advice when I got home to take it back the store in Swansea. On the way back today the Traffic is not working now coming up with an Error sign. Can anyone advise me what to do next.

Have you created a new email identity for the 1005? Should NOT be the same account as on the 1000.

Two totally different issues here.
If Traffic is not working and coming up with an Error sign, that is a connection error with the TT servers, not uncommon these days due to the reduced 2G mobile phone service OR a problem at TT's end. It's very unlikely to be a device fault.

As for the speed cameras, that's a bit more problematic.

Even some of us "old hands" (i.e. me!) still get confused over what parts of the speed camera service get updated "over the air" and which only get updated via connecting to Home or MyTomTom. I do know that cameras downloaded over a LIVE connection overrules the speed cam database on the device itself. But whether that is for ALL cameras, or only the Mobile ones, I'm still not sure.

A couple of "first things first" things to check for us...
1. What does it say you are subscribed to if you go to Main menu / Live Services / forward arrow / My Services? Is there a valid and in-date subscription for "Safety Alerts"?

2. If you go back to the previous menu and select "Speed cameras" what does it say in the very top right corner about "LIVE updates"?
Today, mine started off saying "Updates unavailable" but after a few minutes it changed to "Last updated 15th July 2013"

3. On that same screen, does the top right menu icon say "disable alerts" (meaning they are currently enabled")

4. and finally if you go to alert settings on the same screen, do ALL the items have a loudspeaker sign next to them?? (scroll down to see the whole list).

Ask a Question