Getting my 510 to connect to PLUS

I have a 510 and a Motorola E815 bluetooth phone. I've connected them together just fine, and have taken several hands free calls. Very cool feature.

I would like to connect to TomTom PLUS. Here's the steps I follow (also in the FAQ on the website)

1) On the TT, click on TomTom PLUS and it asks if you'd like to set it up. I answer YES.
2) It finds the phone, gets the settings and then asks for the phone model. I enter Motorola E815.
3) It asks for country. I enter United States.
4) It asks for cellular provider. I enter Verizon Wireless (Express)

Next is where I'm stumped.

5) It asks for username. Which username? I've tried my Verizon username/password. I've tried my TomTom username/password. I've tried my TomTom username and putting the word PLUS as the password. I've tried my Verizon username and the word plus.... You get the picture.

It tries and I can hear my phone beep, but I get Nothing, nothing, nothing. It shows the message, Unable to set up your wireless data connection. Do you want to change your settings?

I could really use the traffic thing (which according to TT is available in San Diego, CA) - especially if it's free for another month.

Thanks in advance - RFord

The user name and password is the one you use to log on to TomTom home & TomTom's website.
I suggest going to TT's website and going to the PLUS Service page. On the right side of the page somewhere should be a link that says "Try TomTom Traffic for free". It might also be near your profile page. Click on that link and it will give you instructions what to do next. It then might say to turn on your TT unit and connect it with your phone. I know you did this already but when I went through the website's process, I recieved an email giving me my user name and password (the same as TT's website profile).

I have tried every mathematical combination possible of passwords. I have even changed passwords on the TT website and then tried that new password.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated or I guess I'll be trying to call for help.

Here's the two sets of conflicting instructons I've found on their website:

On the TT website:

Traffic information - FREE month Trial
Activate your free trial now, directly on your TomTom.

GO – RIDER – ONE

Switch on your TomTom. In the main menu, tap
'TomTom Traffic'.
First you must establish a connection with your mobile phone and a wireless data connection if you have not already.
Tap 'YES' and follow the instructions.
You are now registered for one month free Traffic. Tap Continue. Enjoy!

OR

It's easy to create a TomTom Plus account
You can activate a free trial from every new TomTom product recognized by a 'Ready for Tom Tom PLUS' logo on the box. Just enter your email address (or your current MyTomTom username) as username and the word PLUS as your password. Now you can use TomTom PLUS services for free for a month. If you are a new subscriber you will receive a username and password in your mailbox that you can use to log in on the TomTom PLUS pages. You can then download various free products and purchase subscriptions to TomTom PLUS services.

One thing nice to know would be what type of phone plans the peolpe who have gotten this to work with verizon wireless have. (ie Mobile web, VCAST ...)

When using a KRZR I get the same thing, but when I connect the TT910 docked to my home computer I get traffic updates. Also I recently got an update from TT that now have the KRZR as an option when setting up the plus. This is new as of the last 2 weeks.

I would try to contact TT Support. They have to email you a username and password. I'm guessing they have to activate your current username and pw on their end.
Phone Numbers Hours of Operation
1-866-486-6866 Monday - Friday: 9:00AM to 7:00PM EST
1-978-287-9555 Monday - Friday: 9:00AM to 7:00PM EST

I think you are out of luck with that phone and Verizon - phone is listed as only supported hands free - not Plus services.

It also looks like only one phone works with Verizon system - but only with the 300 and 700 units.

I went through a lot of the manual set-up stuff with T-Mobile, but nothing worked until (per TomTom support) I upgraded my internet access plan. Then, everything automatically was set up - even the user name/passwords IF you have set them up on the TomTom first (otherwise enter your TomTom acount info).

I went through a lot of the manual set-up stuff with T-Mobile, but nothing worked until (per TomTom support) I upgraded my internet access plan. Then, everything automatically was set up - even the user name/passwords IF you have set them up on the TomTom first (otherwise enter your TomTom acount info).

Can you tell me what internet access plan you upgraded to so that you could access PLUS using T-Mobile?

Ask a Question