Getting newly purchased map into my GO510...

TomTom Model(s)
GO510/710 + XXL530•S + XXL550•T
This is the question :confused: that I just sent to TomTom but I will not hold my breath waiting for a response that makes any sense:

Software Version: 7.162

Getting newly purchased map into my GO510...

.....there is no way that the new map will fit onto the SD card that came with the GO510 so I purchased a brand new blank 2GB card. How do I get the map onto the new card?? There is no definitive explanation anywhere on the website to do so. It just takes me in circles.

I start HOME....I then plug in the GO510 to the computer and turn on the 510. I then get that there is a new map to download (DUH) but then get told that there is not enough room on the card to do so. It is just a 1GB card, right??? So there's no way to get the new map on the old card even if I deleted everything on it. So how do I get the new map onto the new card???

:mad: If I get no explicit directions shortly then I will demand a refund of $99.95 since I can't use the map.:mad:

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the map onto a brand new never used blank 2SD card so that it is usuable in a GO510??? I tried putting the blank card into the 510 and then hook it up to HOME to download it onto (makes sense, no?) but HOME can't locate my device with the blank card installed.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Not having done it but I think you just transfer everything from you old card to the new card then upgrade your maps.

Thanks but.....

Not having done it but I think you just transfer everything from you old card to the new card then upgrade your maps.

...that's just it. I'm always being told to transfer stuff from one to another but not how to do the transfer from one card to another.

How is the transfer done and what hardware do I need to do it???

...that's just it. I'm always being told to transfer stuff from one to another but not how to do the transfer from one card to another.

How is the transfer done and what hardware do I need to do it???

Use Windows Explorer to copy files from one sd card to a folder on your computer. Then insert a second sd card into the card reader and copy the files from the computer folder to the second sd card, also using Explorer.

Make sure you have a backup prior to any coping from sdcard1--> computer--> sdcard2

(as an aside, why do you use such a large font size when you post?)

Use Windows Explorer to copy files from one sd card to a folder on your computer.

Do not even have Explorer on my Mac anymore. But I was able to finally get the whole thing squared away. Took quite a bit of time (and I'm not done yet) but so far, so good.

See this post: http://tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=8616

Large font?? Just using '4'. Makes it easier to read. How's this?? Using '3' for this one.

Last edited:

Ask a Question