Get rid of the legal disclaimer?

TomTom Model(s)
Navigator 6 - Treo 700wx
Can anyone figure out how to get rid of that stupid legal disclaimer I have to agree to EVERY TIME I start TomTom? :confused:
It seems the stand-alone devices only do it on a soft reset - why don't we get the same courtesy? I've searched this forum and googled for an answer. If nobody knows, I might backup and start poking around but I'm sure the answer lies well beyond my abilities. :p

huh? it never asks again once you press "I Agree" until the next time you connect to HOME.

If you don't, it'll never ask you no matter how many times you turn it on/off, at least that's how my ONE functions.

Not on mine or my friend's it doesn't. We have different PDA makes/models.
Both running 6.030 software.

That's awesome news! Maybe there's hope for the rest of us too. What devices are you and your friend running? When do you see the disclaimer (if ever)? I'm using a Treo 700wx running 6.030 and am forced to agree to the disclaimer every time I launch TomTom. :(

...Maybe there's hope for the rest of us too. What devices are you and your friend running? When do you see the disclaimer (if ever)? I'm using a Treo 700wx running 6.030 and am forced to agree to the disclaimer every time I launch TomTom. :(
Mines an Acer N50P and his is a Medion.
Only saw the disclaimer when I first ran the software after installing it and when the PDA battery went flat forcing a restore from backup.
A soft reset doesn't cause the legal screen to come up either.

Thats odd, so am I and I don't get it.
Maybe its something inserted for the US market :confused:

I believe this is indeed inserted for the US market. I have the USA version of TomTom6 with North America maps and it shows me the legal notice each time I run TomTom... without fail!

Probably because they don't want to get sued. :p

It would be very easy to test if its in the program by overwriting the .exe which is readily available.
Or maybe it just senses that you're using NA maps, which I can test.

Edit: OK, this is result. If I select any map except a North American one I don't get the legal message on startup, but if I select a NA map I get the legal message every time.
I think we can guess why this is so...

I'm using 6.030 (8320) on a Treo 700wx and I get the disclaimer every time I start the program

It actually works the same on all TomTom devices in North America. You just get on your SmartPhone every time because you, in essence, reboot your TomTom device every time you use it because you exit the TomTom application and then restart the TomTom application to use it again. TomTom GO users don't encounter the screen as much because they never exit the app.

Back when I was using TomTom Nav5 on a Palm Tungsten|C, I searched far and wide for a way to remove this legal nag screen, but never found it. Like others posted, it appears to be only on certain maps (with North America being one of them). If you don't want to encounter the legal nag screen, don't exit the TomTom program on Treo.....ever.... :eek: :D

Welcome to the litigious society known as the United States of America, where people spill hot coffee on their laps and sue the restaurant who served the coffee, sue the cup manufacturer, sue poor Juan Valdez who harvested the coffee bean, etc.

If you don't agree, the message goes away and you can proceed anyway.
no option for "don't agree", only one option is "I agree"
cgigate

Ask a Question