Garmin and tom tom

TomTom Model(s)
xl340s
Hi guys I am new here and was wondering if someone will help me out with my tomtom or enlighten me with some knowledge with this thing.
First off a couple years ago my buddy had a gps (Garmin) I was going from North Carolina to Pittsburgh it took me around D.C so I wouldn't hit any traffic you know the easier routes to get home. well I buy tomtom a few days ago and it takes me through D.C I have tried to change from Fastest route to shortest route and it won't do it so I was stuck going the long way around and my trip took me 12 hours instead of 9 like my buddies did what can I do or what do I have to do to get that same route to and from like my friends did and on the way back it said my ICQ routes were not available what do I have to do to get this working besides taking this thing back and getting a Garmin and one more thing no matter where I was I would have no reception with any satelights to help me back on my trip so I had to use a buddies to get back and my tomtom just not doing it's job in getting me back home. It took me to Pa ok I guess but comming home forgetaboutit

Last edited:
Hi guys I am new here and was wondering if someone will help me out with my tomtom or enlighten me with some knowledge with this thing.
First off a couple years ago my buddy had a gps (Garmin) I was going from North Carolina to Pittsburgh it took me around D.C so I wouldn't hit any traffic you know the easier routes to get home. well I buy tomtom a few days ago and it takes me through D.C I have tried to change from Fastest route to shortest route and it won't do it so I was stuck going the long way around and my trip took me 12 hours instead of 9 like my buddies did what can I do or what do I have to do to get that same route to and from like my friends did and on the way back it said my ICQ routes were not available what do I have to do to get this working besides taking this thing back and getting a Garmin and one more thing no matter where I was I would have no reception with any satelights to help me back on my trip so I had to use a buddies to get back and my tomtom just not doing it's job in getting me back home. It took me to Pa ok I guess but comming home forgetaboutit

One way to go where you want is to go the the find alternative button and then on the next page one choice is to go via, where you can put in your roads that you want to travel on.
The same can be done on the ittenary screen to always have this choice.
Maybe others on this forum can give you other choices, Good luck

Ask a Question