full menu access while riding..

I just wanted to share with you this little trick that I figured out today while riding.. probably most of you already know but is worth sharing anyway.

So when you are riding, the TT gives you access only to 4 buttons. If you want to do something little more complicated that navigate to the closest gas station you'd have to pull over. Next time you're riding do this.. just try to unplug it from the base, just a little, without actually completely taking it off, then tap then screen and re plug it in. You are in the main menu with full access to all the features of your unit!

Couple recommendations... make sure that the strap is fasten AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD! These features were disabled for your safety.

Enjoy,
Cheers

This trick works but it's not what I want. It must be possibele to hack the tt rider v2 in a way that you always get the full menu. I tried a switch between the power cabel but that didn't work. What also works is putting a tape on one of the contectors like this but then it stops giving audio signal. Let some smart wizkid figure out how to hack this feature. PLEASE!!

How do you "PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD" when dicking around with your GPS while riding?

You might not be concerned with your safety, but the car or pedestrian that you slam into might be.....

Think about it the next time you get pissed off by the person driving their car, on the cell phone and drinking coffee and you say....what morons, why dont they pay attention to the road.

Cheers

I would rather just ride. I can play with the gps when I am safely parked somewhere off the road.

Big brother comments aside, there are some functions that would be very handy to access while moving. Outgoing calls at the minimum. I wonder if the fellow who does tripmaster might be able to address this for us rider users?

Problem solved

I solved the problem. I don't know what i did wrong in the past but this trick seems to work now. Place a tape over one of the connectors at the back of the rider like this:

affimage.php

In the past my audio didn't work after making this modification but now I tried it again and everything works perfect. I have full menu access and normal audio notification. So guys worth the try, but don't forget to look at the road :rolleyes:

Reduced features on screen

When I first bought mine I did see the full functionality when mounted. It stopped working recently so I thought it was a fault. Glad I looked at the Forum to see it is meant to do that. It stopped working after I connected to get the latest updates.

This feature isn't there on ones for cars, I have to say I don't like it as even at traffic lights on long reds it makes it awkward to do the simplist things.

I suppose some day we won't need common sense as the regulations will take its place.:D

Ask a Question