Is it possible to get the full menu system on a TomTom XL2?

TomTom XL IQ Routes2 of our discontent

I recently bought a TomTom XL IQ Routes2. I have chosen a TomTom because I thought we could trust this brand name. Afterwards, I realized that with this equipment it is NOT possible to navigate to a given coordinate. Of course, I was a little bit naive, but isn't that supposed that any GPS equipment must have this functionality? It's a pity that there was NOT any remark in the box of the equipment. As a result, I am very disapointed with TomTom. Is there anybody out there with some expertise in this subject? This is, anybody who may give me some hope that it is still possible to transform the equipment in some usefull thing? I wouldn't like to use this GPS as a weapon to throw to a referee in a football match, as others would do. Anyway, In case anyone is interested, I still have the option, that I am considering seriously, to try to raffle the equipment in next Easter.

I do not know whether the information in the link above your post works for your '2' model but it is worth a shot. Make an Explorer backup first.

I recently bought a TomTom XL IQ Routes2. I have chosen a TomTom because I thought we could trust this brand name. Afterwards, I realized that with this equipment it is NOT possible to navigate to a given coordinate.
None of the following models, even with the additional menu tweaks, permits a simple "Navigate to" using coordinate data:

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->Ease (Start2 in Europe), XL335SE, XL335LE, XL335LM, XL350, XL350T, XL350M, XL350TM, (XL IQRoutes2 in Europe), XXL550, XXL550T, XXL550M and XXL550TM

If your purchase was recent enough, I'd take it back and exchange it for another unit not included on the list above. Like you, I find the absence of this feature positively baffling, but that's the new EasyMenu system for you...

Ask a Question