Formatted SD Card and Won't Connect

Okay, whenever it asked me whether I wanted to merge or replace things, I said to replace/merge them.

Once again, no connection. I think I'm "connecting properly" because it seems straight forward. Turn on the TomTom ONE with TomTom HOME open. I should get a "Do you want to connect" thing, right?

Surfing back to Manage your navigation device, there are items on my computer that say:

Applications
-TomTom application for ONE
-TomTom application for ONE

QuickGPSfix Data
-QuickGPSfix

Phone Connection Settings
-Phone connection settings
-Phone connection settings

Is there something I can use under applications for my TomTom?

Last edited:
You can use the applications on the computer.

Those applications are in the folder %mydocuments%\tomtom\home\download\complete\program

Find the latest one (by date), and use Winrar to extract it to the SD card in a card reader (overwriting when prompted)

Then stick the SD it in the Tomtom and see if it starts up.

Oh my god! I gave up for a few days trying to fix it, so this morning I return to my TomTom and turn it on. I get past the boot menu and it shows me that I have no maps. That's understandable. So, since I got past the boot menu, I tried connecting it to the computer and IT CONNECTED! Some how, it just managed to connect.

So, I've updated the TomTom software and this time it was actually successful. However, I don't have my Canada/United States maps. How do I pull them from the backup? Just copy and paste the USA_and_Canada folder and all it's contents to the TomTom?

That would be the first thing to try, yes.

The entire map folder and contents of course into the root of the unit where all the other folders are.

Once done, disconnect the unit properly from the computer, turn off and restart it.

Awesome! The TomTom is updated, the maps are back! Thank you VERY much to all the moderators who have helped me!!

Ask a Question