Please help - Formatted with no backup.

TomTom Model(s)
ease
Forgot to backup my tom tom ease that is already formatted. Is their anything I can do?

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is going to be your map. If you have never backed up your map (either with Home or your operating system), and have never updated your map using the Latest Map Guarantee or a map subscription of some kind, you will wind up buying a new map for your Ease. So we may as well start with that. Look in the folder

MyDocuments\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\map

If there is a folder in there, you may be safe - it will be a map you downloaded from TomTom at some point.

If there is even a remote chance that you used Home's backup tool at any point, you will need to look here:

MyDocuments\TomTom\HOME\Backups\GO

If there's anything in there, there's also a chance we can put you back to rights without having to buy a map.

If you strike out with both of the above, then you'll have to decide whether it's worth it to you to buy a new map from scratch. If so, hook your unit up to Home. TomTom should offer to load an application to it. Once you have a viable application, you can call TomTom, get out your credit card, and buy the map.

Hmm... forgot to ask the obvious...

WHY did you format your unit to begin with?

If you DO have a backup, then restore it. (hopefully, it was made with Explorer, not Home)

My tomtom doesn't pop up on my computer. File is empty.
Please review post #2 and get back to us with information from that. If there's nothing there, you will have to buy another map.

And again - WHY did you format it?

Ask a Question