FM transmitter connectios keeps dropping

FM transmitter connection keeps dropping

I was trying to get the FM transmitter working last night on my newly updated 720 (8.351 navcore) and I would pick the frequency, set it on my radio, then leave it turned up. After 30 seconds or so it would just drop and I'd get nothing but static. I tried a couple of other frequencies, but same thing.

Anyone know what gives here? This feature used to work good when I got the unit, then it was disabled with some firmware updates, now I see it on there again.

Last edited:
To use the FM Tx with the version of Navcore you have installed you MUST be using the mp3 player at the same time otherwise the FM Tx output is disabled - If you don't want music playing at the same time consider loading a silent mp3 track, select this track and set it to loop continually - Mike

thanks for the info - actually I'm more interested in getting it to work with the tomplayer, which I have running in standalone mode. I can't get it working on that either, and I thought the two issues might be related..

Ask a Question