Flash tool

TomTom Model(s)
Go 920 v8.010 North A map
Hello I have a tt Go 920. My question is, how do you use the Flash Tool from the TomTom web site? I downloaded it and connected my TT to the USB turned it on, the computer detected it, I ran the flash exe file and followed the instructions, is that it? The instructions said something about the Flash tool application was now installed on the TT? Did I flash it or do I now have to do something else?

That should be it. If Clear flash resolved a problem you were having, it should be fixed on the unit.

Can you tell us what issue(s) prompted the download of the tool? Maybe, some other remedy will work.

Thanks for replying, my 920 for what ever reason showed my car icon as if I were driving beside the road I was actually on. It has only happend on one particular road in Toronto. Also it only does it half way along the road. About 100m North of Sheppard Ave. East on Brimley it shows me driving North thur a grassy area not on Brimley Drive. it does this untill I hit Finch then It snaps back to Brimly as I head North. I tried the Flash tool and will see if it happens again. I wasnt sure that I had used the Flash tool correctly. Thats why I posted this note.

Thanks

I do not think the flash tool will have any effect on your issue. I have had this happen where the roads/bridges on the current map are either not on the map, or are not mapped in the correct location.

It will track you actual position (off the road) until it gets close enough to a correctly mapped road, and then snaps the car icon over to that road.

You might try submitting a map correction on the portion of the "missing " road to see if that will get it fixed.

Thanks for replying, my 920 for what ever reason showed my car icon as if I were driving beside the road I was actually on. It has only happend on one particular road in Toronto. Also it only does it half way along the road. About 100m North of Sheppard Ave. East on Brimley it shows me driving North thur a grassy area not on Brimley Drive. it does this untill I hit Finch then It snaps back to Brimly as I head North. I tried the Flash tool and will see if it happens again. I wasnt sure that I had used the Flash tool correctly. Thats why I posted this note.

Thanks

Many people here and in Britain are reporting 'car drift' the last day or so. The usual culprit when this happens (every month or so, it seems) can often be attributed to a crappy gpsquickfix file download. Normally, things go back to normal within a few hours or the next day.

Ask a Question