Firmware 8.010 pulled for XL possible for others as well

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
Go 50; Go 520
Apparently, TomTom has (again) pulled 8.010 from circulation. In fact, a poster in a European forum got this response from TomTom:

It has come to our attention that the latest software update for the One XL did not work as well as we had hoped and some features of the TomTom were affected. We have now removed this application update from our TomTom Home Servers and we suggest that you remove this update from your device and your computer.
Who knows? Maybe when there is again an updated formware release, the true compass will be returned? :)

Is this going to be the case with all devices, or only One XL?

If all of them, then shame on TomTom - after pulling it, and having many users roiling back, then re-releasing it and now pulling it again?

Shades of Ground Hog Day !

Is this going to be the case with all devices, or only One XL?

If all of them, then shame on TomTom - after pulling it, and having many users roiling back, then re-releasing it and now pulling it again?

Shades of Ground Hog Day !

Apparently, it isn't offered to 720 users so I would presume that all users would be affected by it.

I don't have Traffic so can't confirm the following but certainly users in Britain with 8.010 were happy that Traffic Notification (of Delay times) finally worked with that release; it never worked properly with N7.

Don't know whether NA users with Traffic found the same thing.

As far as other functionality of 8.010.... well, if you didn't have V8 maps, N8.010 probably didn't make any significant improvements to the user's experience though there were improved mapshare changes (speed limits, no left turn, etc.) allowed.

Anyway, what's done is done ... for now.

I don't have Traffic so can't confirm the following but certainly users in Britain with 8.010 were happy that Traffic Notification (of Delay times) finally worked with that release; it never worked properly with N7.

The traffic is way better with 8.010, delay times appear to be reasonably accurate for Toronto with my One 3rd Edition. The GPS actually re-routes for some of the delays, just like it should.

Apart from the lack of a large compass, this version (knock on wood!) is working fine for me.

Reading this thread while being 18 hours away from home is not to comforting :eek: . I must say though that the XL performed flawlessly the whole way here.

I guess we should stick with the 8.0 if we have no problems?

As for the 930 model....I just checked using HOME and 8.10 is still offered.

My 930 came with 8.002 and worked PERFECT....When offered the so-called 8.10 update....I updated and had nothing but problems restarts....reboots....wouldn't shut down....etc.

I have since reinstalled 8.002 and the 930 works PERFECT again.

I personaly hope they pull it and release a corrected version free of problems and also with a working compass.

PSJ aka Marc

I updated and had nothing but problems restarts....reboots....wouldn't shut down....etc.
I have since reinstalled 8.002 and the 930 works PERFECT again.
PSJ aka Marc.
Does that mean you are still using the 800.1727 NA map?
I had none of your problems. In the contrary with 8.002 I didn't have the ALG icon. I did with 8.0.10 which then allowed me to appreciate ALG on the W+CE 805.1801 map.

Does that mean you are still using the 800.1727 NA map?
I had none of your problems. In the contrary with 8.002 I didn't have the ALG icon. I did with 8.0.10 which then allowed me to appreciate ALG on the W+CE 805.1801 map.

I'm running the the 805.1801 map for North America and also the 805.1801 map for Western and Central Europe.

PSJ aka Marc

Reading this thread while being 18 hours away from home is not to comforting :eek: . I must say though that the XL performed flawlessly the whole way here.

I guess we should stick with the 8.0 if we have no problems?

If it is working fine, then stick with it. There have been reports with a few XL owners so they run through their Sampling acceptance and want to pull the firmware or improve it.

If it is working fine, then stick with it. There have been reports with a few XL owners so they run through their Sampling acceptance and want to pull the firmware or improve it.

I'm pretty sure this is the firmware I've had on ONE XL since I got it about a month ago. I loaded HOME and updated apps/map everything the day after I bought the ONE XL. I hadn't noticed any problems running it. I assume if/when the release another update, I will get it when I connect with HOME.

Rick

Apparently, TomTom has (again) pulled 8.010 from circulation.

Who knows? Maybe when there is again an updated formware release, the true compass will be returned? :)

Do we think that there will be a firmware update before the next map release?

Apparently, TomTom has (again) pulled 8.010 from circulation.

I am a bit new to this...will a new firmware simply appear as an update within TomTom Home...just as one now sees Map Share or GPSQuickfix updates?

I am a bit new to this...will a new firmware simply appear as an update within TomTom Home...just as one now sees Map Share or GPSQuickfix updates?

Yes, that's how they get offered .... just another item in the Update screen.

Ask a Question