XL 330S and Firmware 8.010 Bug?

When I update my TT to the latest 8.010 firmware, it will hang and reboot every time I try to add or delete POI category. If I go back to ver 7.522 it works fine. Can anyone confirm this? Map version is 815.2035.

The equivalent is holding the power button for about 20 seconds or until you hear the TomTom drums.

I have 8.010 and it works fine. Are you sure that when you down loaded this version the process worked ok? You might try to down load it again. If that doesn't fix it try TT support. BTW I have added POIs.

Thank you Z28 for your input. The update to 8.010 completes and I get the message to disconnect/reconnect the device and click OK. Also the device works well. It only hangs for about 30 seconds then reboots when I create a new POI category. May be I should format and do a clean install.

I fixed it! First I removed all previous applications stored on my computer in the tomtom folder. Then I downloaded an ran the Clear Flash utility 3 times in a row. Finally I updated my TT to Ver 8.010, and now everything thing works like it should. Thank you guys for all your replys.
Here is the latest info from my TT:

Device=*******
App=8.010 (9369/080529)
OS=191943
GPS=v1.21
Boot=5.5011
Map=USA & Canada v815.2035

Last edited by a moderator:
moT.....

I deleted the device code from your post. That value is specific to YOUR unit and probably should not be shown.

p.s. Glad things are ok!

Make a full Explorer backup now .......:D

Ask a Question