One 3rd Edition 8.010 firmware what happened?

3xX

Did Tomtom remove the 8.010 firmware update for the One 3rd Edition?

The reason I ask is because I reverted my One back from 8.010 to 7.166 because of all the problems I read from other users. However, when I use Home to update now, I get an error during the update process of "Unknown exception has been caught". I tried uninstalling and reinstalling home and clearing the tomtom folder in the documents folder on my computer to see if that would help, which it did not. So it seems as though I am unable to get the latest mapshare updates, or GPSfix. I believe my latest GPSfix was a week or two ago. And I do not see the 8.010 update anymore, which is why I ask if they removed the update....

Also, if Tomtom pulled the 8.010 version, does anyone know the reasoning? As much as I like the customization that Tomtom has, I am finding their support and lack of quality software development and testing to be quite frustrating.

I'm a newbie, just bought a ONE 130 yesterday and it updated the firmware last night to 8.010.

Jack

Alright, nevermind I figured it out. I uninstalled 7.166 through Home and then updated and reinstalled 7.166, then was able to update to 8.010.

That is what I thought, after reading through these forums. But just last night I was able to uninstall 7.166, then reboot and reinstall 7.166, then reboot and update again which updated to 8.010. So I dunno what to tell ya....:confused:

That is what I thought, after reading through these forums. But just last night I was able to uninstall 7.166, then reboot and reinstall 7.166, then reboot and update again which updated to 8.010. So I dunno what to tell ya....:confused:

And that was the only option for software in the HOME application? I should possibly unload my firmware and see what it offers... lol

does the new firmware increase the reception or update speed of the TT at all?

I have a TT One 3rd edition and notice that if i'm browsing a map and have the coordinates listed, it takes forever for them to update.....

Ask a Question