External Power Pack for TT920

edr

TomTom Model(s)
GO920
Hi Guys,

Haven't visited this forum lately, but I just came across a product that I thought you'd be interested in. I will be going on a vacation where I will be doing a lot of walking in a city. My concern is that my TT920 would not last long enough without having to find a power source to recharge it, which would be very inconvenient. As you know when you use bluetooth and/or the FM transmitter, the TT920 lasts barely 1/2 hour before it is warning you to plug it into a power source.

I found this thing at Fry's Electronics in San Marcos, CA:

http://www.socketmobile.com/pdf/accessory/mobile-power-pack_ds.pdf

Just what I was looking for!:p It normally sold for $100.00 but last night they had them on clearance for $19.90 each!:D I picked up two for that outrageous price. It is roughly the size of the tt920 but twice as thick.

It took a few hours to fully charge, but I think one of these units could easily keep my TT920 powered continuously for over four hours! As you can see it comes with plug adapters for international travel, a nice leather clip-on belt pouch, usb converters to charge your cell phone, iPod, etc., and another pouch to put all those accessories in. Unfortunately, the only adapter it did not come with is a cable with a regular USB plug on one end (to plug into the Power Pack) and a mini-USB plug on the other (to plug into the TT920), but you could pick up one of those for next to nothing.

My TT920 loved it!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Do you find the 920 suitable for walking? I have tried, and it didn't seem useful to me. It is clearly optimized for driving and the pointer doesn't update very often at walking speed. I was out in the woods, not in a city, but I walked all around in about a 100 ft diameter circle and the map pointer never moved. Then when I walked in a straight line it would jump to a new location after perhaps a minute or so.

Seems like the wrong tool for walking in a city, you could be off by more than a block with no indication of what direction you're headed...

Ask a Question