Is there an external power supply for the TomTom 930?

I noticed that my TomTom 930 did not come with an external power supply. Apparently the 930 can only be recharged via a USB port. Checking TomTom accessories, there does not appear to be an external wall plug power source.

Does anyone know if such an item exists? If so where can I get it?

Tom Casselman
(e-mail address removed)

It's also charged by the car charger.

Some use external power ac adaptors from their cell phones that have the appropriate connector.

Marc, I think the second link you provided will not work with the OP's model (930) but thanks for posting them. Others will benefit from the information, too!

I noticed that my TomTom 930 did not come with an external power supply. Apparently the 930 can only be recharged via a USB port. Checking TomTom accessories, there does not appear to be an external wall plug power source.

Does anyone know if such an item exists? If so where can I get it?

Tom Casselman
(e-mail address removed)

We have one of the igloo 12v coolers with the 110 - 12v trasformer. I just use that transformer with cigarette lighter cord to charge in the house.

Marc, I think the second link you provided will not work with the OP's model (930) but thanks for posting them. Others will benefit from the information, too!

Possibly,

but since they use the same car charger, I think it could work. ( may not be the best choice )

because the second one doesn't have the base / dock that holds the TT GO models upright.

car charger link just for reference
http://www.tomtom.com/products/accessories/accessory.php?ID=432

PSJ aka Marc

power supply

I think any USB charger capable of outputting 5 volts 2 amps will do. I have used chargers that came with my cell phone motorola outputting 0.5 amps and worked.

I think any USB charger capable of outputting 5 volts 2 amps will do. I have used chargers that came with my cell phone motorola outputting 0.5 amps and worked.

Considering the output of the average modern computer USB port is 500mA, I'd agree anything with a rated output above that would be useable...

Places like Meritline sell AC-plugged or cigarette lighter power blocks rated at 5V, 1000mA ouput and with a USB connector jack that will accomodate the 930's cradle or another appropriate USB cable for less than $5...

Ray :)

Edit: Using one of these inexpensive car charger units with the appropriate USB cable does work, but apparently the TomTom 930 likes current and heats up this 1000mA accessory more than I like...to be safe I'll be picking up another fused TomTom OEM 5V/2A unit for my second vehicle...

Last edited:

Ask a Question