Turn On Automatically Upon Detecting External Power Source

TomTom 720 has the feature that it will turn off upon losing external power supply. Is it possible to do the reverse? Have TomTom 720 turn itself automatically on when it's connected to an external power source?

Thanks!

TomTom 720 has the feature that it will turn off upon losing external power supply. Is it possible to do the reverse? Have TomTom 720 turn itself automatically on when it's connected to an external power source?

Thanks!

Nope. A much earlier software version allowed for units to be turned when when, for example, they were plugged into a cigarette lighter in the car and the car was then turned on.

That feature was removed in later Navcore software updates.

funny thing i came on to the forum meaning to post this same question today. whats up with that, my garmin has an auto on feature. i really hope the next update will bring it back. is there anyway to put the old firmware in it to have that feature again?

Ask a Question