European maps

I'm traveling to Europe in a few weeks and plan to take my TomTom with me for walking trips and tours. I'm not sure how to get the European maps and how much they cost. Also, is there a charger for the One XL that will use house current instead of plugging into your car?

These maps can be purchsed from TomTom directly and downloaded to your device . There are various European maps available , you will have to select the one appropriate for your needs. In regards to a plug in adapter I have purchased a USB Home Charger which will permit you to use it in the UK , continental Europe as it comes with various plug adapters . Hope this helps you .

Just to clarify, buy your maps thru the Home program. The TomTom website in the US doesn't seem to have maps for sale (at least this was recently the case).

Be aware that these units are not suitable for off-road hiking. The maps only contain roads for vehicles. For hiking, you would need a more traditional GPS.

JRLMC's suggestion will work. It's a device that plugs into a wall outlet, and into which you can plug a USB cord. Just make sure that it can handle 110 to 220 volts. And as noted, you will need plug adaptors.

Also be aware that you only have about 2 hours of battery life.

Ask a Question