Deleted the European maps, are they recoverable?

Deleted maps by mistake -Tomtom GO-300

Yeh, I know, I should have backed up first but I didn't realize what I was doing.

I have managed to undelete most of the files but don't know the directory structure and which ones they go into. It tells me "no maps found" and I have put them into a folder but may have the wrong folder name. I have put them all in a new folder called "United_States" but I also have one called "United_States-Map"

Where do they all go?

Also the files that undeleted are missing the first letter. What is _LINE.DAT, _MCCODES.DAT, _NAME.DAT, or _NODE.DAT ??

Thanks, John

Yeh, I know, I should have backed up first but I didn't realize what I was doing.

I have managed to undelete most of the files but don't know the directory structure and which ones they go into. It tells me "no maps found" and I have put them into a folder but may have the wrong folder name. I have put them all in a new folder called "United_States" but I also have one called "United_States-Map"

Where do they all go?

Also the files that undeleted are missing the first letter. What is _LINE.DAT, _MCCODES.DAT, _NAME.DAT, or _NODE.DAT ??

Thanks, John

TMCcodes.dat, cname.dat, cnode.dat, cline.dat

There are generally no sub-folders within the map folder. Just make sure all files are together. Also, the name of the folder doesn't seem to make a difference.

Would you please give me the correct folder name for the maps folder?

Is it "United_States-Map" or just "United_States"?

Would you please give me the correct folder name for the maps folder?

Is it "United_States-Map" or just "United_States"?

I think the latter, though it "should" not matter. Just make sure to used the "underline" and not the "minus" character.

Here's my hard drive references copy of the 920 map folder. I gather there are more limited maps? Mine has US/Canada

M:\TomTom\Original_InternalMemory\North_America

Hi, Im a 930T newbie and have had nothing but problems.

I had a 910 which was great but delevloped a fault so i decided to upgrade to the 930T.

when I connected it to my PC the first time it wouldn't allow me to update as my 910 was registered to my account, so I contacted TT support and they changed it to my 930T.

The next time I tried to update it did it, but wiht serious consequences. It overwrote my whole unit to 910 maps and software and I haven't been able to get everything back. i have been on wiht tt support for over a week now and they seem to have no idea!

Does or can anyone either supply just a list of all the files and folder locations of a brand new un updated tomtom unit or better still, an un-updated IMAGE of a GO 930T units Internal Memory....minus the maps which I now have again!

I have asked tt support for this and they say they cant provide it!

If i can get it i can restore my unit back to day 1!!

Ask a Question