Eclipse Owners, Speak Up!

They're still giving me the run around, denying that it exists. I even sent them a link to their own website page that lists the 7.832 upgade as the latest for the Eclipse. Here it is...

TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - Support home - Select your product

That was yesterday morning. Since then, I haven't heard back. Looks like I'll have to call again. The first time all they did was give me a 1-800 number for Eclipse, and said that I had to deal with them. Eclipse said I had to deal with TomTom. ARRGH! Seriously frustrating.

When yours was updated in the end, did they make it available in the stream, or did they send it to you personally?

Last edited:
I found the update through TomTom Home. I didn't have to request it or anything. It just showed up one day. I can't believe they are denying it's existence. I can start mine up and take a photo of the version screen if you think it would help your case.

can someone post a .zip of the Version 7.832 update. that would be greatly appreciated. it is not finding the update in my tomtom home. thanks

I Agree, a posted .zip of the 7.832 update would be most appreciated, and most definately faster than dealing with these bozos. For now I am going to install the 7.831 from that earlier post in this thread, and hope that it will then pick up the 7.832.

:DYep; That did the trick. Finally! You know what they say, if you want something done right.....

Hey DALJEEPER, does the 7.832 update fix the Sirius problem?

Everyone who needs the 7.832 app send me a PM with your email address in it. I have zipped the files up and they are on a web server but I have to invite you to be able to download them. Don't worry it's not something you have to create an account for, it is through my ISP.

MadCow....no unfortuntely the 7.832 update does not fix the Sirius problem. BUT! I have been in contact with the VP of Auto Sales for TomTom and they are supposed to be working on it and calling me. So once I know more I will let everyone know.

I just got this deck used yesterday and loved it all day with the software that was on it. The computer said it needed an upgrade which upgraded to 7.831 and it sucks.. this thing is always rebooting now and the phone book from my phone wont copy over to the right place for some reason. I dont know which software was on it before, but it was much better. Is the 7.832 better than this for what I am experiencing? Where can I get previous software version and how would I install them? If anyone can help, please let me know. This is very irritating :mad:

updating the 2210p

I just got a 2210p and thought from what I read here that I'd be able to update to the 7.832 app and the v7.25.1905' maps, but now that I'm hooked up to TomTom home, it looks like this may not be possible.

They don't list any of these as upgrades to the system anymore. If Daljeeper was kind enought to pass along 7.832, does anyone know how i'd get the maps? Can you set up TomTom home to think you have a newer unit so that it will offer the maps?

Thanks for any help.

Well, I had completely given up on TomTom until I got a call a couple weeks ago saying they would be releasing a new software version for out Eclipses. Well it's out now. To everyone who asked about the older versions of the software, I apologize, I hadn't checked that email account for quite a while. TomTom tells me that this update should both fix the problem with Sirius and hopefully let us use newer maps.

I say call TomTom and have them make the upgrade available to you. On mine it just pulled like any other update. The new version is 7.833. I don't see why it wouldn't be available to everyone.

The new version is 7.833. I don't see why it wouldn't be available to everyone.
It is available to others (Thanks Shane), If Home doesn't offer you the update try clicking Here then install by unzipping the download to the device using WinRar - Mike

Alright, I tried again and the update came through.. Hopefully this is going to fix the problems I was having..

Amazing, it actually works. I reset my sirius presets. Now in another 6 months, maybe we can update to last years maps for US. :rolleyes:

Having similar issues

Great forum guys. I'm hoping you can assist me with my issues. I also have a 2210 (not p model) that I?ve used for almost 2 years. Outside of a warranty issue with the head unit, the PMD hasn?t given me any trouble until very recently (about 2 months ago). I too started getting the dreaded reboot issue and lost fidelity on my maps (lost road names, etc). After wasting hrs on the phone w/ TomTom they had me reboot, reformat, and uninstall everything from my SD card (to include my maps). At this point TomTom has turfed me to eclipse and my unit won?t download the new "FREE" map from TomTom home. I?m able to download the GPS fix software, voices, telephone files, but not the 880MB North America map. I broke down and purchased a new SD card and still no go. I can still use the PDM as a radio controller but that?s it. Based on what I've read could it be that my version of the Tom Tom sofware is not compatible with the map? I've upgraded everything via TomTom home. Does anyone know how I can successfully pull the map from the TomTom home site and get it to my PDM? The issues started shortly after unpdating the device and installing the Toyota application (I have it in a 2008 Tacoma), I wonder if that is one of the issues. What plan of attack would you use to at least get the PND working again? Download an older version on the tomtom ap, request an older map?

I had this issue also, but it was more than 18 months ago. First, two questions Did you buy a larger capacity SD Card? If not, I strongly suggest that you purchase a 2 gb or larger card. (especially if you have alot of POI'S, favorites, and other data on it. Second- did you backup your device on your computer. If so, in TomTom Home, select restore device. If you did not backup your device, well I'm sure we can find a way to get your map. The software version on the PND should be 7.833
Good luck

Ask a Question