Eclipse Map Gone

I connected my TomTom Eclipse to my computer for a routine update. After the update, my USA map was gone. It is not on the device or the Home files. TomTom advises that they no longer support maps for the Eclipse. Apparently the update process zapped my map. Does anyone know of a way to restore or obtain the basic USA map files? Thanks!

Firstly have you got a back up of the device? if so try re-installing the back up, if not this is going to be rather difficult to recover without costing money to purchase a new map. In order to avoid the purchase cost of a map lets try the back up first, if thats missing then I would consider a strongly worded letter to TomTom as well as your vehicle manufacturer - PM me for a suggested text for the letter if you need assistance.

The attitude of TomTom might be a single persons idea that the Eclipse is no longer supported, if its a company wide decision then its a rather poor one leaving users with a car stereo thats as good as useless.

Not a very good step when they are trying to move in to a sector of OEM vehicle fit of their products - Mike

Thanks -- unfortunately, I do not have a backup. TomTom is emphatic that they no longer support maps for the Eclipse. I have found a new Eclipse on eBay with a SD card and that would be an expensive alternative, but at least I would have a GPS in the dash that works! If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. Thanks again!

Thanks -- unfortunately, I do not have a backup. TomTom is emphatic that they no longer support maps for the Eclipse. I have found a new Eclipse on eBay with a SD card and that would be an expensive alternative, but at least I would have a GPS in the dash that works! If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. Thanks again!

You may want to look at the new Sony XNV devices. Basically the current version of the Eclipse, and you get features like IQroutes included. Unfortunately, it doesn't support traffic in the USA.

The attitude of TomTom might be a single persons idea that the Eclipse is no longer supported, if its a company wide decision then its a rather poor one leaving users with a car stereo thats as good as useless.

Not a very good step when they are trying to move in to a sector of OEM vehicle fit of their products - Mike

They stopped Eclipse support quite some time ago, In fact I think it"s stuck on a V6 app version IIRC.
TomTom seems to feel it's not really a Tomtom product and therefor they're not responsible for supporting it according to a couple of owners.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question