Eclipse II to Eclipse?

So, my family bought a used car yesterday, which came with an Eclipse (AVN2210p / AVN2227p) TomTom already in it. We have never had or even used a TomTom so I'm not sure if this is normal at all but any help is appreciated.

So, instead of taking us to the "normal" home screen with the different options, it takes us to a page that says "Select a map:" on the top, left corner, with most of the screen simply saying "No maps found!" And the incorrect time in the upper right corner. We have tried connecting it to TomTom Home and updating it, but it all is still incorrect with no map found. And the real problem is, TomTom website does not have a USA/ Alaska map available for this device, but does for the Eclipse II (AVN4429 / AVN4430).

I was wondering if it it possible for us to download that map for it, and if it will work, or be a waste of money.
If not, is there anywhere I can get a map for it, or do we just need to buy a totally new device?

Thanks for any help!!

Ask a Question