Eclipse Owners, Speak Up!

lorthirk had said that there were RDS issues with the new version - has anyone else seen that?

I don't have RDS stations so I can't say.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!111!!11!1!!!!!!!

thanks for the update :D

Where did you hear that? Just curious because I'm in the process of trying to purchase them now...Home keeps puking during the credit card verification process.

he called in to Tom Tom due to paying for the 675 maps like 3 days ago and the rep told him the maps were a mistake - I think the rep is full of it but no one has reported purchasing them yet - please report back your thoughts on the maps if Home ever decides to let you give it money.

he called in to Tom Tom due to paying for the 675 maps like 3 days ago and the rep told him the maps were a mistake - I think the rep is full of it but no one has reported purchasing them yet - please report back your thoughts on the maps if Home ever decides to let you give it money.

Ok, I guess we'll see what happens. I just got the payment to go through and it's downloading. Better make backups of my backups.

UPDATE:

I just spent an hour on the phone with TomTom. Turns out they didn't know that the Eclipse had updated to 7.831 and that is why they were saying it couldn't use the new map. I have since corrected them and they are supposed to send an email out to their support staff with all the updates. So it looks like everyone should be able to update to the new maps without a problem.

Thanks to Shoveler for taking the plunge to prove the maps worked on our devices.

Can you guys please explain how to do the sol called "desperation update". in ordr to be able to get the greatest and latest Firmware and Maps.

thanks

Last edited:
They have released a new software update for the Eclipse. It is 7.832 and should download when you connect your device to TomTom Home. I haven't tested it with the unit connected to the stereo so I don't know if the Sirius is fixed. I sold the car the stereo was installed in so now it's just sitting on a shelf.

I still can't get my TomTom Home to provide the greatest and latest Firmware: v7.831 and Map: 725.1905 USA and Canada to my unit. Can someone explain step by step how to do the so call "update" procedure. Thanks

Start the TomTom Home 2 program. Plug in your TomTom via USB cable and turn it on if it doesn't automatically turn on. It should automatically start searching for updates. If not, click on Update my device from the main TomTom Home screen. It should search for a few seconds and then come up with all the updates. It will be labeled software update for TomTom Eclipse/Toyota or something like that. You won't be able to update the maps until you update the software.

If it doesn't find the software updates you may have to call TomTom. It was available as of yesterday evening.

AVN2210p

Hi;

Will this work on a 2210p? If not what exactly is the difference between the 2210p and the 2227p? They seem to be the exact same unit. None of these upgrades appear on my tomtom home software, and this is what they emailed me...

Dear Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to contact TomTom Customer Support regarding the latest map available for the Eclipse. My name is Jamie. We are always happy to help.

The most recent map available for your device is the 6.75 map. This device does not work with our version 7 software or maps. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for choosing TomTom for your navigation needs. If you have any further questions or comments, please email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST or Saturday, 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

With Best Regards,

Jamie
TomTom Customer Support

This really blows moose!

The latest software for the 2210p is 7.832. That is what I am running right now. I am running "USA and Canada v7.25.1905' maps. With 7.832 you should be able to run maps that are version v7.XX. The support people are either idiots or they have revoked the latest version of the software. I'm not exactly sure what the 2227p is. It visually is the same as the 2210p. Maybe it is just called the 2227p in Europe. 6.75 maps are REALLY REALLY old. I would call them again and tell them that you KNOW that 7.832 software should be available as you know someone running it on a 2210p (me). There are maps available that are newer than mine but I have not upgraded because I didn't feel like spending the money. Just be nice to the support people and they will work with you. When I called they kept telling me that same crap and I was persistant but nice and they finally figured it all out (sorta).

--------------------
Will this work on a 2210p? If not what exactly is the difference between the 2210p and the 2227p? They seem to be the exact same unit. None of these upgrades appear on my tomtom home software, and this is what they emailed me...

I am going to post these email addresses because I'd like everyone to write to the higher ups at TomTom and tell them (hopefully nicely) your experiences with their products. After I emailed them the TomTom CEO emailed me back saying he would have his team start investigating my problems. Of course I haven't heard anything since then, but if more people email and let them know that the level of service and upgrades for this product have been woefully inadequate maybe they will make some changes and get us more reliable updates. I will say that I was very nice when I emailed them. If you email them and plan to rip them a new one they will probably just delete your emails.

(e-mail address removed) (PR)
(e-mail address removed) (VP of Sales Automotive)
(e-mail address removed) (CEO)

Ask a Question