Easy Way to Add Voices??

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 730
Go730.
Is there an easy way to add voices?? When I do it thru Home, it lets me do one at a time and is very slow. Also I don't know the voices sound like until I down load them. I have a CD which came with the device which has a folder called "voices". Is there someway to use those?

Many of the voices available via Home-->Add Maps/Voices have a test button to hear the voice prior to your choosing to select it for installation.

Go730.
Is there an easy way to add voices?? I have a CD which came with the device which has a folder called "voices". Is there someway to use those?
Do your CD voice files come in 3s with different extension and is the largest just about under 700 KB or is the largest over 40,000 KB?
These different types go in different folders.

Let us know what the extensions of the files are. You could look at the files with Windows Explorer, make a screen print of a portion of that page and attach it with your reply.

There are over 50 files with the extension .cab in the voice directory.
The 1st is voice.22k.ausm.cab (700K).
The 2nd is voice.22k.bulm.cab (1000k).
All start with voice.22k. and end with .cab.
Can I use them; if so, how?

May I suggest you DO allow Home to do the voice installation. That wa, the files will get located in the proper folders. It may be a bit slow but yiu aren't going to use all the voices anway. Besides, you wouldn't have the space to install all of them. For example, the first cab file you mentioned contains, I believe, an Austrian voice. The last, a Bulgarian voice. Do you really need them?

May I suggest you DO allow Home to do the voice installation.
The reason why I asked the way I did was to see if the files match the typical TomTom voices or text-to-speech voices.
I do agree with you and the OP's reply puts me out of my depth.
It is just curious that the CD came with his 730.

Ask a Question