Alternate mounts for easy port

TomTom Model(s)
One v4
I originally had a TTOne that used a slotted adaptor so my new 530S isn't compatible. I have found several mounts that appear to just replace the stock mount and connect to the easy port. I found this one: EPCHGSM: Adhesive Dash Mount for TomTom One 125/130/130*S/140/140*S; XL 330/330*S/340/340*S, XXL 530/540 - TomTom One 125/130/130*S/140; XL 330/330*S/340, XXL 530*S, 540*S Mount which I think would work great with my car mount but I am concerned that the swivel doesn't have a knob or anything to tighten it up. Has anyone used one like this? Did turnanything up in a search.

Wlepse -

Can't use the normal windshield mount??

Take a look here at some mounts:

Amazon.com: tomtom gps mounts

And this is a good one:

Amazon.com: ARKON TTEP115 TomTom EasyPort Windshield / Dash Mount: Electronics

or

Amazon.com: TomTom GPS Dashboard Mount for TomTom GPS Navigators: Electronics

Do some exploring around...

Lots of these come with an adhesive back plate - so the suction port can easily be attached and detached.

Also, I have a truck with a CD tape compartment. Have an edge smoothed down plain piece of tempered glass slid in there; and the suction part fits on that very easily. Keeps it off the windshield, and yet easily transferable.

D.

Already have a proclip main mount for the car and was hoping to just remove the TT One bits and connect the 530S there. I prefer it to winshield mount since I don't like having something blocking my vision plus I don't like the tell tale ring on the glass. The mount I have keeps the GPS high enough I can see it while driving but not so obvious to passers by. Thanks for the links though.

I am not too sure about the mount you have that was supplied with the TomTom but the following might offer you a few ideas.
Note this method works with all the following units (I have tried this with all the following models) :

One Third Edition
One Easy Port (All versions)
One XL
XL Easy Port (All versions)
x20/ x30
x40/ x50
iPhone car kit
Start/ Ease

First off you will need a Pro-Clip to suit your vehicle, there are loads to choose from, and the Brodit TomTom Ball which, in this case was salvaged from an x40 Brodit Mount, but a Brodit/ TomTom style ball is now available under the part number of 533091 directly from Brodit/ ProClip, here the Brodit "Ball" is attached to the Pro-Clip sat next to the standard Easy Port windscreen mount:

Look above the hinge line and you will see two small rubber plugs, these need to be removed (they simply flick out using your finger nails) to reveal two Philips head screws:

Remove the two screws and the mount comes apart very easily:

Place the old windscreen sucker part to one side and re-assemble the ring portion of the Easy-Port mount to the Brodit Ball by trapping the ball between the easy port ring and top cap, secure in to position using the two screws, these only need to be nipped up do not over tighten:

The Pro-Clip plus the Easy-Port secured in to my car (Ovlov V70), the Brodit Pro-Clip simply clips over the airvent securing to the structure either side of the vent to provide a solid mount for the navigation device, no holes are needed and if removed no traces of it being fitted are left in the car:

Finally, what does it look like with the device attached, if you want the device higher up rotate the entire mounting ring through 180 degrees and the device sits 75MM (3") higher (shown in the low position):

- Mike

Mike...thanks for that! This is a link to a posting of my set up. Never even thought about taking the OEM mount apart. To be honest wasn't sure if the ball sizes were standard. I'll have to take mine apart and see if they work, I know the textures are different but with screws I should be able to get it tight enough. I'll have to mess with this later today.

Brodit/ Pro-Clip make two different sized ball addaptors

With the two parts seperated its time to measure the diameter of the ball which checks in at 15,90MM slightly less than the Garmin standard ball which is 17,12MM (Both are shown in this picture for comparison).

Mike

Ask a Question