Dumb POI question, Please humor me...

I used to use the VZ navigator but recently upgraded to the TomTom and am extremely happy with how it works especially with the way it gives directions and the options. The only thing im frustrated with is the POI's. With my verizon navigator I was easily able to search for obscure specific locations and get accurate results. Im not finding this on the tomtom and im not sure whether anyone else has encountered this problem. Ive been reading a little bit and i see that there are downloads to add to the tomtom which i would be happy to download a bunch of different categories and install them but usually when i need the POI feature is when im looking for something im unfamiliar with which makes it unlikely that i would have previously downloaded the specific category. In any case Im just wondering how you all have dealt with this or if im missing something obvious. Thanks in advance for any help.

Yea, Ive taken upon myself to clean up the POIs that are all local to me.

I can only hope that it helps people in the long run.

I found several that had been updated VIA the map share option, but things always change.

Ask a Question