probably a dumb quesiton about map update\upgrade

just a probably really dumb question but I have been playing with my gps now that I can accually use it, and well I deliver food to restraunts and just about everytime I punch an address in or even use the POI, when I get to where the gps says its supoosed to be well its not its like up the road about a mile or in one case it said it was 12 miles down the road but it wasn't it was back 12 miles LOL, so my question is even tho most of these destinations have been in the same place for many many years before these gps even egsisted would the map upgrade get me to exactly or atlest alot closer????? if so cool if not hmmmmmmm
some one on here told me that my maps are about 2 years old, I just bought this thing on ebay its a 510, any help would be appreciated ;-) sorry to those on here that might get annoyed with my questions

A 510 is 3 to 4 year years old and depending upon how much the previous owner has updated it the maps could well be original, in this case the maps will be very out of date as will the POI files, it is possible to upload new POI data to the device but that won't fix poor maps, tap the sat strength meter followed by the version box and the resultant screen will show lots of information about the device, whats the map version number (if its v650 then its way out of date, v840 is the current map) - Mike

Ask a Question