Possibly dumb question, but...

...when Home backs up items from my TT (maps, voices, whatever), where do they end up? I assume somewhere on the C: drive, but if I want these backed up up to another drive, can this be done? My boot drive is relatively small and I'd like to conserve as much space on it as I can. I am running Windows 7. TIA!

Last edited:
Questions aren't dumb if you don't know the answers (well, most aren't, I actually have seen a few here in my time....BUT NOT yours! :) )

In home, the default folders are established for locations of downloads, backups, etc. Look at Tools-->Home Preferences-->Folders

For backups you'll see this:

C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Backup\

But, you CAN change the location AND move the contents of the existing location to where you designate.

As a side note -- you may find yourself wishing you had more than one level of backup. If so, rename the backup folder from Backup01 to something like BackupFeb2010. That will keep the next backup from just overwriting your previous one (a new backup will recreate another Backup01 folder).

Ask a Question