TT 920 GO I've been a dumbass... Help

I've been a real dumbass - I backed up my 920 Go using the HOME software, played around with my device to the point that I needed to reformat - thinking I could just restore from my backup, only to find out that TT Home wouldn't now recognize my unit (saying something about there being a change in volumes since the previous backup...)

Reading here I now see I should have copies all my files using explorer not Home....

I've got the 3.6GB sitting on my PC but can't find a way to get it working on my device...

Anyone got any thoughts???

I've just moved to a new country and I'm lost, literally, without it...
thanks

Your tomtom backup should be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Backup\GO\Backup01 or a similar path.

You should see a folder for Western_Europe. Copy that folder back. You should see a folder called North_America. Copy that folder back.

And you should see a bunch of folders such as 'art', 'ASR', etc. along with a bunch of loose files not in any folder. Use Explorer to copy all of them back.

thanks for your advice - should I copy the RAR files, or Unrar them into their own folders before copying...?

Any what and where do I put the the TOC and bitmap files.

When I look to the TT file I see 4 folders: Backup, Download, FromDevice,& Sharing..

thanks

Backup folder is where you are looking.

The files need to be put into their proper folders (except for the loose files that go into the root of the unit) so use Winrar to maintain the folder integrity when you expand them.

Ask a Question